Ford Goes Cheap With Halogen Over HID On 2017 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Goes Cheap With Halogen Over HID On 2017

That's how the 16 & 17s are. I believe 18s are LED for both low and high beam.

How long have you owned the vehicle? Did you check over and/or test drive the car before buying it? It is a pretty goofy way of Ford to do lighting (mixing LED and non-LED), but I'm not sure it rises to the level of false advertising. Caveat emptor...

I have a 18 Sport and the high beams are halogen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's how the 16 & 17s are. I believe 18s are LED for both low and high beam.

How long have you owned the vehicle? Did you check over and/or test drive the car before buying it? It is a pretty goofy way of Ford to do lighting (mixing LED and non-LED), but I'm not sure it rises to the level of false advertising. Caveat emptor...

Yes, I did test drive it before buying, but it was during the day, never though I had to test drive at night to verify that INDEED the LED lighting includes BOTH low AND high beam...

Unless somewhere in the fine print it states: "LED Lighting-Low beam only", then yes, for sure this is false advertising.
Since when can the single term: "lighting" be implied to only be either one of the two primary functions (low beam AND high beam)???

It is every single LED equipped 2018. The signature lighting refers only to the C shaped LED strip, I think.

Regardless...It’s not false advertising...Ford’s specifications page for your 2018 Sport says:

“Headlamps – Autolamp Auto On/Off, LED Low Beams, Halogen Reflector High Beams”

F99D606D-35F4-4FDE-8C5D-C7F86131254F.png

It is every single LED equipped 2018. The signature lighting refers only to the C shaped LED strip, I think.

Regardless...It’s not false advertising...Ford’s specifications page for your 2018 Sport says:

“Headlamps – Autolamp Auto On/Off, LED Low Beams, Halogen Reflector High Beams”

View attachment 156089

Thanks for the info, that is what I was looking for. I'll accept that from FORD, I stand corrected, no false adverting.

For the sake of clarity, I screwed up and posted the 2018 information. Here’s the 2017 Sport. It’s exactly the same with respect to the lights.

32806208-B602-4575-920E-D4EA17731A42.png

2017 sport: LED only in low/fog beams & halogen on high beams! WTF FORD???

Since we purchased the 2017 sport, we love the light output of the low beam/fog lights, crisp white light.
I had noticed that with the high beams, there was a yellowish tone but was being blended with some white lights (which later I figured out was due to the LED strips.
Anyway, I walked to the front with high beams on and confirmed indeed that the high beams are halogen.
Way to go FORD! How much does that save you per unit? $40?
Are all other 2017 sports like this?
Or is mine a miss-built?

EDIT:
When I look at my window sticker is shows:
Fog lamps-LED
LED SIGNATURE LIGHTING...

Talk about false adverting..:mad2::angryfire::mad:
Your thread has been merged with this existing one.
Only the 2018 Platinum has LED low and high beams. Fog and Signature lights are LED. No false advertising.
The difference could be $100 - $200 per unit depending on what "Level" means here; Headlamp Components for 2017 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

No false advertising.

Peter

I already stated that on post #104, but thanks for your input.
Sport= halogen high
platinum: led high
I'll stick to my sport...

Only the 2018 Plats are getting LED high beams, as far as I know.

LED high beam was not available on any vehicle in 2017. I theorize it had more to do, at least initially, with a concern over finding a LED bulb that could handle flashing long term.

I'm more offended by the lack of LED turn signals in this car... but I fixed that one myself.

Can't wait to see one in the wild, then. I didn't know they made that change as well.

I have a 18 Sport and the high beams are halogen.
Does anyone have a replacement idea for the 2017 Explorer's halogen low beam headlight bulb. Seems that wherever I search (For instance at Amazon, it states, "does not fit your 2017 Explorer") I am either shown high beam replacements or HID replacement options. Simply looking for a whiter and brighter low beam bulb. Thanks...and no thanks to the negative stuff.

Does anyone have a replacement idea for the 2017 Explorer's halogen low beam headlight bulb. Seems that wherever I search (For instance at Amazon, it states, "does not fit your 2017 Explorer") I am either shown high beam replacements or HID replacement options. Simply looking for a whiter and brighter low beam bulb. Thanks...and no thanks to the negative stuff.
The low beam is LED. The high beam is halogen.

Peter

Back