Retrofit 2015 limited seats into a base model | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retrofit 2015 limited seats into a base model

Black Eyed

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2015 base model
Hello there.

Is it possible to drop 2015 front limited seats into base model ? They are much comfortable, my concern is the airbags and the connections

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it is possible have to add power to the passenger seat. For it to function. Plugs are the same and if you want the heated seats to work you can wire them separately also

Yes it is possible have to add power to the passenger seat. For it to function. Plugs are the same and if you want the heated seats to work you can wire them separately also

Thanks for your reply, i think i saw the connector under the passenger seat, isn't pre weird ? i'm not looking for heated seats.

The connector on the passenger seat is only missing the power wire for the power functions. Just add a power wire to it and it'll function proppler. All the leather seats are heated mies well connect it also!

The connector on the passenger seat is only missing the power wire for the power functions. Just add a power wire to it and it'll function proppler. All the leather seats are heated mies well connect it also!

Thank You.

What do you recommend for gauge wire and fuse amp ?

I just checked the connectors, in the driver side the power wire in pin#21 and the ground in pin 16 while the passenger side the ground in pin 21 and 16 is empty.

so should i just unplug pin 21 and put it in 16 and run a wire to 21 ?

No the ground needs to be where it is because all the other items on the seats use it. Seatbelt. Buckle sensor. When you get the new seat you will see the power wire on the new passenger seat I believe it is blue with orange .just add a power wire to it. I can check later on to see what pin it is exactly I have the diagram book at home. You can run the power either off your driver's seat power . Or one of the cigarette lighters power in the center console. Mine was a piu so I had a ton of extra wires in my center area for police options. That we're power all the time and power from ignition. I just used a mini 15amp inline fuse.

Please if you can share the diagram i will be grateful. i'm also planning to run an external switch for the cooling fans in the seat.

I have limited seats that are cooled and I can’t seem to get the power to work on my driver side, when I plug the passenger seat into my driver side the seat works but when I plug the diver seat in it’s a no go, there’s also an extra plug port which I’m assuming is for the cooling feature. Please help

Back