2009 Sport Trac Door Unlock/Lock Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2009 Sport Trac Door Unlock/Lock Problem

redshift77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello I am new here but I thought this might be a good place to find some answers or direction. I have been trying to figure out what's causing my issue for a while now. My Sport Trac will rarely lock/unlock from any of the interior switches, pressing the switch will usually do nothing but sometimes it works. If I use my key fob to unlock/lock it works without fail every time I push the button. The other symptom I have right now is that randomly while I am driving the doors will lock and unlock without me pressing anything. It isn't the automatic lock after you get to a certain speed function either. It will be continual random locking/unlocking. I really appreciate any advice or direction you fellow Sport Trac owners might have. Thank you!

Several people have intermittent shorts in the wire bundle that goes from the body into the door (near the hinges). Many different symptoms have been traced to this.

Back