New member deciding on 2018 Explorer or waiting on 2019 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member deciding on 2018 Explorer or waiting on 2019

Im Considering getting the color of my ford explorer in white platinum metallic tri-coat. Does anyone know if the extra $500 dollars for this color choice stands out over the regular white base Paint? To my eyes the platinum white seems to have a kinda pearl tint to it. But there is none in my area to see in person. I'm basing this off of images online. Thanks.

That's exactly it.. it is a pearl color. I love metallic paint.. when cleaned, waxed and sitting in the sun, the flakes really make it stand out over the regular white.

Im Considering getting the color of my ford explorer in white platinum metallic tri-coat. Does anyone know if the extra $500 dollars for this color choice stands out over the regular white base Paint? To my eyes the platinum white seems to have a kinda pearl tint to it. But there is none in my area to see in person. I'm basing this off of images online. Thanks.

Definitely a pearlized white. It looks good. Heck of a lot better than your average (flat) white.

Back