Where can I find engine spec data? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I find engine spec data?

Bobmbx

Reaction score
City, State
King George, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
I need the engine operating spec data for my 08 Mounty Premier (V8 4.6L). I'm looking for the upper/lower spec limits for things like fuel trims, O2 sensor voltage, throttle position, etc...

I'm ODB Fusion and have no idea whether the values in the report are good or bad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update: About a week ago, the Mounty shut down on a curvy, back country road. Nearly put it in the ditch because the steering and brakes were virtually gone. No MIL. I checked with my Actron cheapy code reader and there were no codes. So I got OBD Fusion and the expanded PIDs module. Pulled the codes again and Holy Cow! I've never seen such a blizzard of codes. All of these codes occurred with the forced shut down. I'm kinda stumped on where to start. I'm looking for some opinions on what may be the root cause, as most of these codes have no functional relationship other than power. I should add the vehicle started right back up and has been driven for a week without issue now.

Trouble Code Report

ECU Code Type Status Description
Antilock braking system C1280 Chassis Confirmed Yaw Rate Sensor Signal Fault
Instrument Cluster B1318 Body Confirmed Right Front Door Ajar Switch
Instrument Cluster B2097 Body Confirmed Compass Module Failure
Instrument Cluster U0208 Network Confirmed Lost Communication With Seat Control Module A
Instrument Cluster U2013 Network Confirmed Switch Pack
Instrument Cluster U1900 Network Confirmed (CAN) Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error
Instrument Cluster B1601 Body Confirmed At some time since last clear a (PATS) key used was not programmed for the module.
Powertrain Control Module P0600 PowerTrain Confirmed Serial Communication Link
Powertrain Control Module P2105 PowerTrain Confirmed Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown
Restraint Control Module B1318 Body Confirmed Right Front Door Ajar Switch

im not even sure my haynes manual lists those specs

I would start with a battery/charging system check. From there I would start looking for missing insulation on wires and shorts. That much non related stuff, something is screwing with the computer.

That has always scared me about these vehicles. If they die at speed the control is so minimal. Happened to me once in my 97. Fortunately it did it while accelerating from a dead stop in the middle of a turn going 15 mph. It took me 100 feet to stop with a light 125 feet away and cars stopped at it. Best part was I threw it in park and it cranked right up with no lights or errors. ‍♂️ Later figured out my t case was a goner and killed the power.

Back