SYNC 3 latest version | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

Oh just great..... I just downloaded the update and was going to install it on my hour drive to Cincinnati...... the web site stated it would take an hour to install.
Did you install the beta version of 3.0 previously? If not you should have no problems. If so, you need to downgrade to 2.2 then upgrade to 3.0.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh just great..... I just downloaded the update and was going to install it on my hour drive to Cincinnati...... the web site stated it would take an hour to install.
Mine took maybe 40 minutes total to downgrade & then upgrade

Updated my 2018 Mustang yesterday..... no problems....... going for the 2017 Explorer today.....

As HDJulie mentioned, if you didn't jump the gun and download the 3.0 version that wasn't yet officially released for downloading you should be fine. I upgraded from V2.3 to V3.0 and it took about 15 minutes. Be advised that it takes a while for it to look like it actually doing anything so be patient.

Peter

Upgrade to latest version is done, but Waze still does not show on my apps screen. Are we now waiting on an update from Waze?

Not for iOS, yet. I think they said May so probably December.

I found an issue of V3.0 18205, on my Explorer 2017 after upgrade from 2.3 sometimes i can't open front camera, after turn off and restart again i can open front camera, this issue is random. Can someone check for me. Thanks.

I found an issue of V3.0 18205, on my Explorer 2017 after upgrade from 2.3 sometimes i can't open front camera, after turn off and restart again i can open front camera, this issue is random. Can someone check for me. Thanks.
Haven't had any issues with mine.

Well I don’t have any experience to share because aparantly it’s only working for nav units. Mine is not but from what I’m reading is once you open. Waze the nav icon turns to Waze. This blows for us non nav guys.

Well you have to update the Waze app which came out yesterday...... haven’t tried it on my Explorer yet but will in a bit and see if it’s working.... I do have fords over priced Nav unit.

Well you have to update the Waze app which came out yesterday...... haven’t tried it on my Explorer yet but will in a bit and see if it’s working.... I do have fords over priced Nav unit.

I have the latest sync and Waze updates. It might just be the f150s at this point because that’s where I got the info from.

I was able to get it to show finally. So basically you have to disable CarPlay and have Waze opened already. Plug in your phone and find connected apps. It will then find Waze! It’s basically mirroring your phone.

did the upgrade 15 min and done. no issues
few minor changes that I see right away. will know more later

Hey, did you do the upgrade with USB and download from Fords website or WIFI (from home)? I have not had any success with it form the site. Downloaded from both MAC and Windows, unzipped the files, treid different USB sticks, nothing. At my login to Ford's site it says there is an update to version 3.0. When I do the scan for updates within the vehicle, it says there is none for it?

Hey, did you do the upgrade with USB and download from Fords website or WIFI (from home)? I have not had any success with it form the site. Downloaded from both MAC and Windows, unzipped the files, treid different USB sticks, nothing. At my login to Ford's site it says there is an update to version 3.0. When I do the scan for updates within the vehicle, it says there is none for it?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Downloads from the Ford site via WiFi is not yet available. I also am not aware of anyone finding updates available via WiFi. Likely that is tied to the first part. Are you using at least a 32GB USB drive? How many files are there on the USB stick for the update. I believe there should be 4.

Peter

Downloads from the Ford site via WiFi is not yet available. I also am not aware of anyone finding updates available via WiFi. Likely that is tied to the first part. Are you using at least a 32GB USB drive? How many files are there on the USB stick for the update. I believe there should be 4.

Peter

I updated mine about 1 hour ago using a 16 GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 G2 USB 2.0 drive and only took 20 minutes.

Peter
Hi Peter, yes, I have re-downloaded to a brand new 32GB stick this time around. I haven't had a chance to try it as of yet, and there where 7 files in total.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Peter, yes, I have re-downloaded to a brand new 32GB stick this time around. I haven't had a chance to try it as of yet, and there where 7 files in total.
There should only be 4.
SyncMyRide
DONTINDX.MSA
autoinstall.lst
System Volume Information

Peter

Back