Custom Front-End renderings--MSPaint goodness inside | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Front-End renderings--MSPaint goodness inside

FIND,
Have you considered grafting in an early Bronco front grille?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This looks great! Did you pull out the stock assembly and just glue in the round lamps? Got a how-to or parts list? I would be very interesting in doing this to my rig!

Damn good work!

This looks great! Did you pull out the stock assembly and just glue in the round lamps? Got a how-to or parts list? I would be very interesting in doing this to my rig!

Damn good work!

I am working on a kit to do the conversion. I made all the parts by hand. I have a 3D printer and am trying to refine the bezel. I should have updates soon. Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy the reactions from people when they see it.

I am working on a kit to do the conversion. I made all the parts by hand. I have a 3D printer and am trying to refine the bezel. I should have updates soon. Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy the reactions from people when they see it.

Keep us posted! I know a few who would be interested in such a kit. Gives the rigs a very "classic" look.

Depending on the size of light being used, could easily swap in a 7" *gasp* Jeep Halo light ;)

Hi, I just joined this forum finally so I can reply to this thread! LOVE the round headlight conversion and its definitely one of my ideas for my 89 B2. My previous car was an 84 BMW 325e, and I fell in love with the classic look of the round headlights. I've also toyed with the idea of making the B2 look like a concept BMW X1 but who knows. Did you end up making that conversion kit afterall?

John Garner, that looks pretty sharp with the round headlights.

I remember back when this vintage of Explorer was new that there was a European kit that used the rectangular headlights. I have not been able to find any of those, they must not have been that popular.

Back