Sync 3 keeps resetting iPhone ringer volume | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 keeps resetting iPhone ringer volume

Sorry yours isn't Apple phone issue- it was an easy fix. The updates also fixed problems with a Sony amp that would try to max out when controlled by my phones Bluetooth pairing.

Our Sync3's have different minds or our Iphones- oh well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Tinner,

I got excited when I read your post and upgraded my iPhone 7 to the iOS 11.1.2 last night. Unfortunately, the sync 3.0 keeps maxing out my phone’s volume. By the way, this is the same iPhone I’ve had since before June when I bought this 2017 Explorer. My 2014 Explorer’s Sync never modified my phone’s volume.

I’m wondering what settings you have for your ringers and alerts under “Sounds and Haptics” in settings. Do you have “Change with Buttons” checked? If not, then this might explain why your phone’s volume is not being modified, while mine is since I have that feature checked (so that I can change the volume with the buttons on the side of my phone).

Thanks,

Daniel

My iPhone has always done this was hoping 3.0 would fix it. I’m on 11.2 beta 4, I’ve turned off “change with buttons” so when my phone rings it doesn’t cause me to run off the road.

Hey Daniel- Yes I do have the "Change With Buttons" checked so I can adjust the volume with the buttons. Sorry, don't know what to tell you. It was very annoying having the ringer max out every time-I feel your pain. I was also having this problem with Sync v 2.0 also.

I was optimistic after reading the thread that the sync version update would fix the issue. I updated sync to v2.3 last night, but no change in volume behavior. iphone 7 with iOS 11.2.5

I was optimistic after reading the thread that the sync version update would fix the issue. I updated sync to v2.3 last night, but no change in volume behavior. iphone 7 with iOS 11.2.5
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I just got my '18 Sport in the beginning of the week with 401A. I thought it was weird the first couple of times when I saw that my ringer volume was all the way up and now it's just getting annoying.

None of my other cars mess with my phone...wonder if Ford knows this is happening...

Problem is, Sync 3 is jamming up the Volume Up control in the API when it sees BT Audio is present.

On iPhones, if you have Volume Buttons controls Ringer, your ringer gets maxed out. If you have audio playing already or you turn that off, general volume is maxed out.

I wish Ford would fix this already. It's not a phone issue--it's just taking the commands given by Sync via BT. I still have this issue on the latest version of iOS.

I upgraded sync to V3.0 and I noticed today that my ringer volume did not max out. I can;t say with 100% certainty it is fixed, but I am optimistic.

I upgraded sync to V3.0 and I noticed today that my ringer volume did not max out. I can;t say with 100% certainty it is fixed, but I am optimistic.
Mine still does it.

Mine was fine prior to the 3.0 update but now my Galaxy S9+ is going to max volume.

Until I read this thread, I believed there was a problem with my Samsung S7 Edge. Now it has dawned on me it's not the phone, it's the Explo. But, y'all keep mentioning ringer volume. On mine, it is the media volume that maxes out. And it did start after the 3.0 update. DUH!

Until I read this thread, I believed there was a problem with my Samsung S7 Edge. Now it has dawned on me it's not the phone, it's the Explo. But, y'all keep mentioning ringer volume. On mine, it is the media volume that maxes out. And it did start after the 3.0 update. DUH!

Mine is just the media volume.

We were referring to iPhones and ringer volume.

Still no solution?

I realize this is an older thread. Hoping there is a fix to this...just got my Explorer last week, and this issue has been frustrating.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back