strange Sound when put the key at On Position | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

strange Sound when put the key at On Position

alawneh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 2010
Hay, I just hear a strange sound when I put the key at on position before starting the car, then it starts normally, ok sometimes it takes more seconds with cracking to start. what do you think about this issue??

ford explorer 2010 4*4 with about 170K Mi.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would help if you could describe the sound. Does it only occur when the key is in the ON position or when it is cranking?

when turning the key at on position before cranking, I hear sound for 1 or 2 seconds and then disappeared.

Again - a 'sound'? What kind of sound?

a rough sound with rotation

Is your climate control stuff on? Could be the fan. Sometimes my vent channels creek and pop at first.

Turn everything you can off before you turn the key and see if it goes away. Including the stereo - and take the CD out just in case.

fuel pump priming?

Is your climate control stuff on? Could be the fan. Sometimes my vent channels creek and pop at first.
This is more than likely. Mine does the same.

To the OP; does the sound come from inside or outside the cabin?

thank you for all replies, I did all that you describe, climate control off, CD off, but there is a sound still form outside of the cabin.

thank you for all replies, I did all that you describe, climate control off, CD off, but there is a sound still form outside of the cabin.
Can you tell if it is under the hood or under/behind you?

Turn the key on, let the sound happen, and then turn the key off, and then right back on. Does it still make the sound the second time?

y
Turn the key on, let the sound happen, and then turn the key off, and then right back on. Does it still make the sound the second time?[/QUOTE

yah, I did it. the sound just happened at the first time, then if I make it off then on there is no sound.

Sounds like it’s your fuel pump priming to me.

No, the fuel pump audibly runs before the motor starts to prime the fuel lines. Totally normal operation.

ok, that's clear, before I heard this sound, but it was not rough like this.

Do you have someone else who can turn the key to on while you are under the hood?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you mean to localize the place of sound?

Back