• Register Today It's free!

Opinions on injectors? 93 xlt

thevishnu

Reaction score
City, State
Marysville
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993, Ford Explorer XLT
So, I've discovered I have a leaking injector, and decided to replace them all as well as the lower and upper intake gaskets. I've used Motor Man Injectors in the past on an old tbi k1500 chevy I have and had awesome success. Thinking of using him again for these.

Motor Man - Remanufactured Bosch Fuel Injector Set 0280150931 92TF-AA 4.0L V6 | eBay

Just wondering if anyone else has used his stuff, vs shelling out for new 19lb'ers? Also, since this engine is fairly new to me (was my fathers), any tips for the lower intake (permatex rtv, etc)? The old school sbc in me is showing *ducks!* lol

Cheers!
Vish

The cost of new ones turned me off ages ago. I've bought 2 sets from a seller on eBay, username was something like hp27fx (it's been a couple years). Anyone reputable with the proper machine and procedure would be good. Just make sure they ohm check and flow match them, it's important on our batch fire systems. I've had years and thousands of miles of use on a set of reman injectors, no problem.

For the lower intake gasket (not needed when replacing just injectors), check out this guide:
Dropbox - 40LIntakeGasketReplacement.pdf

Haha.. Just now realized I was watching your vacuum line video on yt. :afro:

Back