Wanted - neutral tow kit P/N 6L2Z-7H332-A | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted neutral tow kit P/N 6L2Z-7H332-A

Parts or services wanted

jimann33

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 Sport Trac
We are looking for the above "neutral tow kit" for a 2009 4x4 Sport Trac. Part Number 6L2Z-7H332-A. . Ford has stopped providing the kits and a company called "Victory Climate Systems" is supposed to be manufacturing and selling the kits. However they are "unable" to find anyone that can provide the "micro switch" for the kit. Any help ....... would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My source says there were a couple kits available a week ago but have been sold and now show no availability.Hope you got one of them! Sorry.

i am in the same place, looking for a neutral switch for my 2010

The only piece you can't get by without is the micro-switch, part number 6L2Z-7A247-A but good luck on finding one of those! I could sell a bucket full of them if I had them.

Just two comments here. From what I remember, you do need to have the indicator LED installed or else diagnostics will not let the t-case shift to Neutral (or at least it didn't in the past, but this may have been eliminated when the micro switch was added). Also, I assume you know that you have to get the calibration bit in the 4x4 controller reprogrammed. Hopefully many of the over the counter tuner programmers can do this, or else many parts shops have the programmer you need.

Good info. A LED isn't hard to come by and surely would be needed even if it doesn't cause the problem you mention. Instructions including the requirement statement for programming is available. I have no use for a flat tow kit and am just trying to help those that do. Thanks for your contribution!

This just showed up on the Sport Trac board the other day.

I have found a source for the Ford " neutral tow kit" required to tow the 4X4 ST four wheels down. This company bought out the inventory of the ford supplier that went belly-up.

Victory Climate Systems
Fort Worth, TX
817-293-3331

My Ford dealer also is telling me that Ford will have a new kit out in the first quarter of 2011.

Word is it costs $250.

How to make a Neutral Tow Kit

I have Ford PDF files for the Neutral Tow Kits. If you have a V6, you only need to install an LED Idiot Light on the dash. If you have a V8, you also need to install a switch. However, you don't need the micro switch shown in the instructions, you just need a plain toggle switch to "jump" two wires.

I made and installed my own for under $12. (Ford wanted $499 to install). The hardest part was finding a dealer that is capable of re-programming the ECM to "allow" Neutral Tow. I had to drive over 130 miles to get mine done.

Send me and Email and I'll send you the PDF and where you can buy the materials. ross0737 at aol dot com. I just need the year and engine size.

This just showed up on the Sport Trac board the other day.

Word is it costs $250.

Yep, I just called them and they quoted me $250 + shipping! My vote is to pass along the information for making the 'kit' and simply let the manufacturer of this one hold on to them. :thumbdwn:

That's my theory also! :thumbsup:

i HAVE ACCESS FOR 2 KITS AT MY WAREHOUSE BRAND NEW IN FORD ACCESSORY BOXES

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I WORK AT A FORD DEALER IN PARTS. 520-292-3665
$255.00 PLUS SHIPPING

Hi guys

I'm looking for an instruction sheet for the 6L2Z-7H332-A neutral tow kit, I know they are not in production now but if I had the instructions I'm pretty sure I could source the parts required to recreate the kit. It seems very simple and the ECM has to be reset by Ford

Thank you so much, now I can recreate the kit and install it on our new tow vehicle.

So the LES part is not difficult at all. The problem comes with the programming and the "switch." What kind of switch? And any new info on getting the ECM flashed for this? Thanks all.

Sorry I meant LED. Also I do have a set of instructions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry I meant LED. Also I do have a set of instructions.

So I found a little LED lamp which I mounted into the dash, fabricated a bracket from some metal scraping and mounted a micro switch that only makes a connection when the shifter is in neutral, and got the Ford dealer to turn on the option on the transfer case control module to allow the neutral position.
It works exactly the way the factory intended, here is the kick, the part is still available from Ford, but Ford does not stock it at any warehouse, they have one made up when it is ordered....takes about 30 days....I know this because when I purchased our Sport Trac our dealer ordered one and it didn’t show as discontinued just back ordered, I bought the truck, had them program the control unit, installed my designed kit and 30 days later the called to say the kit was in...it was $389 Canadian and I bought the parts for $12
So there is a dealer in Niagara Falls Canada with a kit....lol

Back