Wet carpet Second Row

sze kan

Reaction score
City, State
Philippines
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 3.5L V6
hi all,
i just started to heavy rain here but life is normal.... today morning i smelt something damp inside the car. it happens that the second row left floor carpet was very wet. after removing the carpet, i can see there is a big hole in the body through and through... it is actually on both the sides of the car and you can see it from underneath the car as well...

1) is there suppose to be a rubber stopper or anything which seals those holes? mine are open and can see through and through

2) can alot of water get through that hole? the car is pretty high and i dont think i drove it that deep into the water puddle....

3) is there anything else i should check?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The usual cause for water pooling in either the front or 2nd row foot wells is blocked moonroof drains but given that you have holes in the floor that might not be the case here. Also, looking at your profile in the margin, I'm guessing that you have the base model which I don't think has the moonroof. Can you post pictures?

Peter

The usual cause for water pooling in either the front or 2nd row foot wells is blocked moonroof drains but given that you have holes in the floor that might not be the case here. Also, looking at your profile in the margin, I'm guessing that you have the base model which I don't think has the moonroof. Can you post pictures?

Peter

So this is the underneath shot which is right in the middle of the car.
The one with the wiring is on the left side as I used it to bypass my amp wire and sealed it. No leaks there while the other hole was bare.. I stuffed it with some foam now to close it.
The area wet is just surrounding that hole

IMG_20180608_111320.jpg

IMG_20180608_111346.jpg

I’m assuming those should be plugged. I would also highly reconsider moving those wires to come through the firewall. Are those 2 different gauges of wire?

OK so it looks like I have found the problem. I sealed the hole but that did stop the water from coming in... Took out the whole carpet and looks like the water actually channel from the front to the rear.... I think the front passenger moonroof pipe is the problem.. But how can I reach it? Underneath the black 8 rubber thing is all wet

IMG_20180610_012508.jpg

IMG_20180610_012454.jpg

IMG_20180610_012442.jpg

Back