Sync services not working

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
Rebecca:

We hardly use the turn-by-turn directions sync services.
Last night, we had the need to use it and every time I would select call sync services, I would get basically a commercial of sync services, telling me how great the service is, but we could not actually use it.
Based on the commercial, it would appear like if we did not have a syncmyride account activated yet, however we activated it back in MArch 2011 at the time of purchase, and according to syncmyride website, our account is active untile March 2014:

"Your complimentary subscription* is active until March 18, 2014"

Can you help?

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We get gas station prices or weather. But never both (except for the first week or two we had the car). Kinda frustrating. The new game in the car is which one will work, with my wife and I taking bets :) So far, the weather is the one that most often doesn't work.

Sync Services should be called Stync Services! :D

We get gas station prices or weather. But never both (except for the first week or two we had the car). Kinda frustrating. The new game in the car is which one will work, with my wife and I taking bets :) So far, the weather is the one that most often doesn't work.

Sync Services should be called Stync Services! :D

Hey now! Name calling is not necessary. No more penny a week for you, VinceL!! ;)

I think you're using SiriusXM Travel Link; SYNC Services doesn't have gas prices.

Rebecca:

We hardly use the turn-by-turn directions sync services.
Last night, we had the need to use it and every time I would select call sync services, I would get basically a commercial of sync services, telling me how great the service is, but we could not actually use it.
Based on the commercial, it would appear like if we did not have a syncmyride account activated yet, however we activated it back in MArch 2011 at the time of purchase, and according to syncmyride website, our account is active untile March 2014:

"Your complimentary subscription* is active until March 18, 2014"

Can you help?

Thanks,

Hi, new to ford!

Were you using the phone that's listed as primary on your SYNCMyRide.com account? Send me your VIN and cell phone number in a private message and I'll take a look for you.

Rebecca

LOL, Rebecca! You are correct, it is the Sirius Travel Stink that is giving us problems.

I formally and officially retract my Stync Services comment, and humbly apologize :)

LOL, Rebecca! You are correct, it is the Sirius Travel Stink that is giving us problems.

I formally and officially retract my Stync Services comment, and humbly apologize :)

Thank you, kind sir! LOL :p:

Rebecca

I had an issue with Sirius Travel a month after buying my Explorer. After some time on the phone, a refresh signal was sent and things went back to normal.

I was given the following to resend a refresh signal in case things went awry again:
siriusxm.com/refresh

I had an issue with Sirius Travel a month after buying my Explorer. After some time on the phone, a refresh signal was sent and things went back to normal.

I was given the following to resend a refresh signal in case things went awry again:
siriusxm.com/refresh

I find it best just to use the website to send a refresh signal so you avoid waiting to talk to someone. If that doesn't work, it's best to do a master reset or a fuse pull.

siriusxm.com/refresh

Thanks for the link, that will be a bookmark :)

Unfortunately, it didn't work, so we maybe ready for our first fuse pull :(

Thanks for the link, that will be a bookmark :)

Unfortunately, it didn't work, so we maybe ready for our first fuse pull :(

Hey Vince,

If you are having issues with weather and gas prices, you need to do a fuse pull. Pulling the fuse fixed my issues I had. With mine, the weather map would never work and I would get N/A on gas station prices. There have been a few times since I pulled the fuse the weather map hasn't worked, but it was fixed with a master reset. Refreshing the Sirius signal never worked for me. When you do a fuse pull, make sure you remove the plastic panel underneath the dash, otherwise it will be pretty much impossible to reach the fuse box.

Hi, new to ford!

Were you using the phone that's listed as primary on your SYNCMyRide.com account? Send me your VIN and cell phone number in a private message and I'll take a look for you.

Rebecca

Rebecca, thanks for the reply...
Actually no, I was not using the phone listed as primary... I did not know that would make a difference?
I just checked my account in syncmyride and I noticed that only one phone number can be ACTIVE at a time, meaning I need to set-up only my phone of my wife's phone to be able to place calls to sync, but not both. Both are listed in syncmyride, but I can only make one active... is this correct?

Here is what I read from syncmyride:

Our records show the following mobile phone numbers are associated to your SYNC account. If you wish to make changes, please click Edit, then SAVE CHANGES. If you would like to add another mobile phone number to your SYNC account, please click Add Another Number.
You may make a different number Active at any time; however, only one Active phone will be able to access SYNC Services at a time.
Only the Active mobile phone number has access to SYNC's Driver Services - available in the United States only.

Rebecca, thanks for the reply...
Actually no, I was not using the phone listed as primary... I did not know that would make a difference?
I just checked my account in syncmyride and I noticed that only one phone number can be ACTIVE at a time, meaning I need to set-up only my phone of my wife's phone to be able to place calls to sync, but not both. Both are listed in syncmyride, but I can only make one active... is this correct?

Here is what I read from syncmyride:

Our records show the following mobile phone numbers are associated to your SYNC account. If you wish to make changes, please click Edit, then SAVE CHANGES. If you would like to add another mobile phone number to your SYNC account, please click Add Another Number.
You may make a different number Active at any time; however, only one Active phone will be able to access SYNC Services at a time.
Only the Active mobile phone number has access to SYNC's Driver Services - available in the United States only.

You are correct. Basically, if you're driving the Explorer, you'll want to make sure your phone is listed as primary on SYNCMyRide.com; if your wife is driving it, she'll need to make her phone primary. If you're both in there, you'll have to pick which phone you want paired and make sure your account reflects the right number. :)

Rebecca

You are correct. Basically, if you're driving the Explorer, you'll want to make sure your phone is listed as primary on SYNCMyRide.com; if your wife is driving it, she'll need to make her phone primary. If you're both in there, you'll have to pick which phone you want paired and make sure your account reflects the right number. :)

Rebecca

OK thanks. Yes, normally I call sync services from my phone, but battery was dead, so that's when I tried my wife's phone, which is listed, but was not set-up as active.

Hey Vince,

If you are having issues with weather and gas prices, you need to do a fuse pull. Pulling the fuse fixed my issues I had. With mine, the weather map would never work and I would get N/A on gas station prices. There have been a few times since I pulled the fuse the weather map hasn't worked, but it was fixed with a master reset. Refreshing the Sirius signal never worked for me. When you do a fuse pull, make sure you remove the plastic panel underneath the dash, otherwise it will be pretty much impossible to reach the fuse box.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe a fuse pull will be my 4th of July project, lol.

Hey Vince,

Can you please tell me what Slot number fuse are you pulling? I got the same issue and my Sirius XM is not getting activated aka not receiving the signal after multiple troubleshooting steps with Sirius. Their Listener care doesn't really listen and its hard to understand. Everything else works just fine in my Sync Touch system though.

FYI, boltsfan17 was last posted here almost 2 years ago. Have you checked the fuse layout in your Manual?

Peter

FYI, boltsfan17 was last posted here almost 2 years ago. Have you checked the fuse layout in your Manual?

Peter
I have Peter. There is one for Radio, another for Sync so I am wondering which one is specifically for Sirius Activation issues. Since accessing the Fuse box under the steering such a nightmare, I am wondering if it will be a good idea for me to simply remove the negative Battery Wire for few minutes. Technically it should be the same.....right? Just looking for clues. Taking the car to the dealer where they take apart things is always a nightmare as they never are able to put them back well enough.

I have Peter. There is one for Radio, another for Sync so I am wondering which one is specifically for Sirius Activation issues. Since accessing the Fuse box under the steering such a nightmare, I am wondering if it will be a good idea for me to simply remove the negative Battery Wire for few minutes. Technically it should be the same.....right? Just looking for clues. Taking the car to the dealer where they take apart things is always a nightmare as they never are able to put them back well enough.
See this post; MFT Master Reset versus pulling Fuse versus disconnecting Negative Battery Cable
Disconnecting the battery will also mean your transmission will have to relearn your driving habits as well as the trim and fuel strategy. Several members have used that disconnect to try and solve issue. Some were resolved, some were not.

Peter

See this post; MFT Master Reset versus pulling Fuse versus disconnecting Negative Battery Cable
Disconnecting the battery will also mean your transmission will have to relearn your driving habits as well as the trim and fuel strategy. Several members have used that disconnect to try and solve issue. Some were resolved, some were not.

Peter
Thanks a lot Peter. Seems like that disconnecting the terminal from the battery took care of the issue. As always you are on top of things and I get my answers from this forum. Thanks much.

Back