SYNC 3 latest version | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

So what is 18093? You can get it from the ford server.
I don't really know. My account shows it is up to date and there is no new program to download. Checking back I see you got that from the Mustang forum. Perhaps their build is somewhat different.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Official versions are ones released through the owner website. Ford doesn't look highly upon those who poke and prod their server to what they consider "stealing" individual files.

I don't know if this was covered here, but here is how someone got CarPlay with the new update with a $50 new USB. Maybe someone here can use this info. I don't have a newer Ford, but found it interesting.

I found an issue of V3.0 18205, on my Explorer 2017 after upgrade from 2.3 sometimes i can't open front camera, after turn off and restart again i can open front camera, this issue is random. Can someone check for me. Thanks.
I'm having the same issue, already regret the update

I'm having the same issue, already regret the update
How do you report these issues so that Ford can fix them? Or do they just wait until their own staff finds them and then fix them as they discover the bugs? I like Apple. When something crashes, you can report the bug and then in the next update, they fix your OS. I wish we could do something like this with SYNC 3.

How do you report these issues so that Ford can fix them? Or do they just wait until their own staff finds them and then fix them as they discover the bugs? I like Apple. When something crashes, you can report the bug and then in the next update, they fix your OS. I wish we could do something like this with SYNC 3.
Hi Bob. It doesn't appear a widespread issue as there appear to only be 2 reports on it. Here is the last contact information that the Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team showed in their posts before they were pulled from the Forum. I believe Ford also gathers/compiles information on problems reported to dealers. Several reported issues were incorporated in MFT software updates.

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Not sure if that will help or if the info is still correct.

Peter

Hi Bob. It doesn't appear a widespread issue as there appear to only be 2 reports on it. Here is the last contact information that the Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team showed in their posts before they were pulled from the Forum. I believe Ford also gathers/compiles information on problems reported to dealers. Several reported issues were incorporated in MFT software updates.

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Not sure if that will help or if the info is still correct.

Peter
Thanks. Just posted the issue on facebook page.

Peter, thank you for that information. Looks like Facebook would be the easiest.

Sync 3 WiFi question

I have my 2017 Sport set up with my router for automatic updates as they become available.
My question is this...does the wifi function / update do its thing car is totally turned off (while it is in range of the router) or does the system have to be on to download anything?
Thanks

First, wrong subforum, there is a sync 3 section, I would expect this to be moved.

Second, I would not expect your system to update...some people have had varying success. I had a progress bar...but it never went anywhere, other times it just sits and spins. I would expect the wifi link to update your version of sync to owner.ford.com. From there you can download the update to USB and manually update. I even took the post install file and uploaded to confirm successful installation.

I retrofitted my 2016 explorer sports sync 2 to sync 3...and just sold my old sync 2 apim for 300 on ebay. Total cost outlay was less than 100 bucks.

Sync 3 WiFi question

I have my 2017 Sport set up with my router for automatic updates as they become available.
My question is this...does the wifi function / update do its thing car is totally turned off (while it is in range of the router) or does the system have to be on to download anything?
Thanks
Your thread was moved and merged with this one as dentalpain mentioned.
See this post for a partial answer to the auto update question. SYNC 3 latest version
I did an update on Sync and was not able to report it as being successful despite repeated attempts. When I checked my version level on the Explorer's screen a day or so later, the updated version showed. It must have updated using my home router but can't tell if it happened while the vehicle was off.

Peter

it does connect when the vehicle is off, but the update(to a new version) functionality doesn't work. Per Ford.

As a newbie to Sync3, how often is there a Nav update?

Mine too occasionally says it is downloading but there is never any change. My last check happened on Jun 26 but the "version" never changed.

Thanks ahead

I will have to try to do another download. I remember setting up the WiFi before and it connected successfully. Last time I checked, it was no longer connecting, so automatic updates may not be working.

I will have to try to do another download. I remember setting up the WiFi before and it connected successfully. Last time I checked, it was no longer connecting, so automatic updates may not be working.
If you are referring to SYNC 3 auto software updates, Ford has said that ability is not yet available. Neither are auto Navigation updates. Navigation update can be done by the dealer for a price and it will be 'tied' to your VIN.

Peter

Why is there such a holdup? What is the purpose of having an auto update feature that doesn't work?

Here lately, my SYNC 3 has been sluggish...Seems like it has found a new version on the server....This is what I cant get past when I search for updates.
Kh4pfoY.jpg

Here lately, my SYNC 3 has been sluggish...Seems like it has found a new version on the server....This is what I cant get past when I search for updates.
see post #396

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

see post #396

I understand that. This is "downloading" an update though, just not looking for one. And it's a newer version that what I have installed.

Back