Coolant Dripping Behind Passenger Wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coolant Dripping Behind Passenger Wheel

2000co

Reaction score
City, State
Englewood, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Mountaineer V6 AWD
Today i noticed a pool of coolant behind the passenger front wheel. It looks like it's dripping from the wheel well. Any idea what need to be fixed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure it's coolant and not just condensation from the A\C?

Clear or Green in color?

It's coolant. Went under the truck and it looks like a coolant hose leaking. The hose attached to the firewall and it's leaking from the connection.

Could be the heater control valve. Common failure. It is located on the coolant lines in the engine compartment, just off of the firewall.

Did some more digging today. The hose that connects to the bottom of heater control valve have a T conectoer that leaks. The dealer wants $300 for the entire assembly.

We're can I buy this hose?

Did some more digging today. The hose that connects to the bottom of heater control valve have a T conectoer that leaks. The dealer wants $300 for the entire assembly.

We're can I buy this hose?
I would start searching online for it.

You can also check your local Napa or Car-Quest.

I would start searching online for it.

You can also check your local Napa or Car-Quest.
I searched and called around and no one is selling this hose setup. Looks like I need to create my own setup or pay $300 to buy the Ford part.

Junkyards is where I would. Bunch of these explorers in the yards. Should be able to get one on a you pick'em type place.

Try

rockauto.com

I went to the junk yard and got one for $5. You can't get this part at the parts stores or rockauto.

I was planning to use a T conectoer but since the coolant system is pressurized it will not work.

Back