Brake pad and rotor recommendation? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake pad and rotor recommendation?

Is there any feeling better than new brakes!

Well, sure, but this is SFW....

I put in the Nakamoto's today, back to stopping the way it should. They look well made, we'll see how long they last. As I noted above, I got rotors and pads for all 4 wheels from AM Auto on Ebay for $128, SHIPPED!
I just see they have another sale going, they're now $108 SHIPPED!

The EBC's I put in 3year/12K ago were shot...

IMG_6979.JPG

Here's some shot's of the Nakamoto stuff.

IMG_6975.JPG

IMG_6976.JPG

IMG_6977.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got 95,000 on my Hawk ceramics. I have 113,000 on my power slot rotors.

Is there any feeling better than new brakes!

I put in the Nakamoto's today, back to stopping the way it should. They look well made, we'll see how long they last. As I noted above, I got rotors and pads for all 4 wheels from AM Auto on Ebay for $128, SHIPPED!
I just see they have another sale going, they're now $108 SHIPPED!

I was considering ordering a set of Nakamotos with ceramic pads from 1Aauto. Here is the link

2002-05 Brake Kit Nakamoto CD833, 54094 - 1ABFS01205 at 1A Auto.com

But this set does not come with hardware. Did your kit from ebay include hardware? Did you reuse the old hardware or just purchase it somewhere else? I do not tow with my 05 explorer and it is not a track car or driven hard. It is a daily driver so I am looking for brakes that are quiet; that is why I would like ceramic pads.

I reused the clips on the calipers if that's what you mean. As far as noise, mine were quiet during bedding.

I reused the clips on the calipers if that's what you mean. As far as noise, mine were quiet during bedding.

Yes, and thanks. I will consider just cleaning the clips up and reusing them.

Back