2002 XLT rear window not going up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT rear window not going up

LMHmedchem

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT v8
Today when I was out to get coffee, I put down the rear window and the was a sound and the window disappeared. I don't think that these windows go all the way down, but I don't remember. At any rate, the window will not go back up. It sounds like the motor is still running, so I am guessing that the window came off of the track.

Can someone let me know how to go about fixing this. At least I would like to be able to get the window back up, even if it won't open anymore.

LMHmedchem

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was able to wire up the right side of the window. There is a small hole in the part under the window that connects to the lift motor. I was able to get a piece of copper wire through that hole and through a hole in the inside of the door frame. I think this will hold up the window for now.

The right side of the track was completely off and down in the bottom of the door. It looks like the bolt just came off of the bottom of the track. I can't see how the motor connects to the bottom of the window but it doesn't seem to be connected anymore. God forbid they would actually give you access to be able to see what is going on.

Is this a difficult repair?

LMHmedchem

Back