Pro Comp add a leafs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pro Comp add a leafs?

JimmyZ30024

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport 2wd
Back of my son's 2003 Explorer Sport sits 1" lower then the front. Looking to rise it up level or a little higher in the rear. I read that many people have added ProComp 1 1/2" - 2 1/2" rear add a leafs. Question is how much lift did you actually get on your 2 door Explorer?

If I remember right, I think there were two different sized add-a-leafs I saw from Pro-Comp, one was like an 1" of lift and another slightly more, maybe 2"?

After I did my body lift, I bought new leaf springs for a 4-door Explorer as those themselves sometimes are enough to lift the back of some Sports slightly and added the add a leaf which was supposed to add roughly an 1"-1 1/2". All in all, I'd say between the leafs and the add a leaf, I gained MAYBE 2-ish inches. It was perfect and gave the rear a little rake but nothing major. So all in all, I'd say the 1-1/2" add a leafs will give you pretty much that.

I got longer shackles rather than an add a leaf. I did not want the stiffer ride add-a-leaves are known for................2" shackle will give 1" and 4" shackle gives 2" lift. I run 2" lift shackle with a TT.

Ended up getting 2 1/4" lift out of the Pro Comp Add-A-Leaf Kits 13120 and the ride is great. Not stiff at all.

Back