1995 to 2001 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator Kit availabilty | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 to 2001 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator Kit availabilty

allmyEXes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
Hey Gang, I have spent some time on here and the internet too looking for a c-clip eliminator kit. I have seen the ones for the smaller Foxbody Mustangs and I like the design. All that I can find for the Explorers is a kit that include axles but they increase the overall width 1" on each side. This will not be for a 4x4 or Offroad application. It will be used on the Street and Interstate mostly. I know if the C-clips fail the axle will not come out very far on the 95-01 disc rear ends (differential). My main reason for wanting these are for future serviceability. IE, not having to remove the diffy cover, retaining bolt and pin. I have looked for higher grade C-clips too and havn't found anything that specifically states that they are made out of a higher grade, stronger material.
Let me know if some company is making a simple kit for the 95-01 Ex differentials, similar to the smaller Foxbody 8.8 diffs.
Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the quick reply. I even read that information too. I guess if I am going to explore this any further, I will need to find a machinist who is also an auto/truck enthusiast to design and machine some parts. But really the main question now is there room behind the rotor and inside of the parking brake hardware to even do this. Otherwise I will stay with the c-clip set up. The vehicle would be driven 98% street/highway and 2% road course events. Thanks for your time !

Why are you opposed to the extra 1" on each side. Many people worry about the C-clip because the jeep dana35 spits them out so often but that is not the case for the 8.8

For a street driven vehicle, why are you concerned with serviceability? How often do you need to service the diff?

I'm probably overthinking it. The Ex S8.8 will be used in a street car application and the vehicle is about 800 pounds lighter. So from what y'all say I should be ok with 8.8 c-clips

Back