• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Radiator

beach

Reaction score
City, State
south florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
Coyote F150
Yay me, cracked again. After hours and hours of getting it out and back in, what a ***** again trying to get clips aligned putting new one in.

Now I can't get bottom trans line in. Wtf. I Think there's a rubber gasket not an Orting stuck in it, the top one didn't have anything. Blocks the trans line from screwing in. Trying to get it out but can't. And the thought of ripping radiator our again, I'll call a flat bed and have this thing taken to the junk yard.

Anyone had this happen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can feel it with my finger, there is rubber or something jammed inside the low trans mount. I'm so pissed, not ripping radiator out again after getting everything bolted back except trans lines. Anyone want to pick it up on a flat bed?

Porsches, Viper, Raptor, SRT8 Jeep work on no prob. This damn truck I keep around as a lifted beater and it's always a f'n nightmare working on. Installed Whipple and full long tubes etc on neighbors Raptor like cake walk and people think that's a nightmare..... they've never worked on a 5.0 Explorer lol

bypass the built in cooler?

bypass the built in cooler?
Get a mirror and a small pick with a hook on the end, this might help you see it and grab it.

Whew, had to rip everything back out. Yup, there was a half gasket thing jammed back in the lower trans mount, ripped that out and it was fine.

Now new issue, the return line from coolant overfill tank to radiator doesn't fit. The mount on the radiator is too small. WTF, it doesn't end with these trucks. Line fits previous radiator fine. Maybe I can zip tie it, but f'n ridiculous that nobody makes correct for these trucks, always an issue with something even when I did the lift.

Checked part numbers and that's fine, exact replacement and number people used for 5.0 Explorers.

Did fig out a trick nobody I think mentions, removing the battery makes things easier when lining up radiator/condenser clips.

Back