Explorer Battery Life Expectancy | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Battery Life Expectancy

I know quite a few vehicle owners that go with the Walmart battery and then when the end of the warranty is getting close they just go in and say that it is bad and pick up another one.

I'm not sure if Walmart still will do it that way but it worked for a while.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My battery is on 4 years now. I have a 2014 explorer ltd v6 and has 2 cams both front and rear. Just wondering whats a good battery.. ford quoted me approx 200 for a replacement but i'd rather get something around 900amps compared to the stock 650. Anyone know much about the AGM type batteries. And where can i find a good site to get info about which is the best battery for my model.

The largest FLA battery I have seen is 850 CCA. I run two cams as well and feel quite comfortable with that. I run an Interstate after having two Motorcraft batteries let me down less than a year apart.

I am not 100% sold on going AGM due to the charging algorithms in place on the BCM and PCM--there is some ABD out there to change the charging strategy but I've never seen it. It might be a non-issue.

Replaced my battery on my 2013 last month (6 years).

I have had some indicators over the last year:
- Tailgate stops closing during engine start
- Needed boost after running 12v cooler camping for awhile
- Excessive open of doors while parked (light keeps coming on)

My Securicode pad crapped out at 20k “never turned off, was always lit” ended up draining the battery so I got a new battery and Securicode pad under warranty.

Back