Front park assist recurring error | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front park assist recurring error

I was offered none. Dealer played the "manager unavailable" card when I picked the SUV and Ford CS/Corporate gave the runaround. So to fellow members who are in similar situations, seek legal action once the same error happens twice. They respond better to lawyers than owners.
In any case, the update I have is that the error has not happened since the wiring harness fix. Hoping it does not rear its ugly head again as the Park Aid is a very useful feature.
So any Explorer owners getting a recurring park aid error, please ask the dealer to replace the wiring harness. It will save you 4 months of stress. If the dealer thinks that the actual sensor shorted out and will fix just that, get Ford Corporate/CS involved and they are aware of this defect and will do the right fix(hopefully!).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A TSB was recently released on this issue:

2016 Explorer
TSB 16-0096
FRONT PARK AID - INTERMITTENT FRONT PARK AID FAULT MESSAGE WITH OR WITHOUT DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCS) - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 5/10/2016
Publication Date: July 12, 2016

A TSB was recently released on this issue:

2016 Explorer
TSB 16-0096
FRONT PARK AID - INTERMITTENT FRONT PARK AID FAULT MESSAGE WITH OR WITHOUT DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCS) - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 5/10/2016
Publication Date: July 12, 2016
@jmr061 is the intent of the TSB to help Ford Technicians troubleshoot properly or to issue a recall?

TSB=Technical Service Bulletin....not a recall.

It's not a recall. A recall and TSB are two different things. A TSB is usually issued for a particular problem that some owners may experience. We have a thread of some known TSB's in the "List of Useful Thread" at the beginning of this sub forum if you want to check them out. Recalls are issued for 'Safety' issues.

Peter

they know
When multiple sensor show defective the first thing in the service manual is to check the main sensor harness. This should have been done when the 2nd sensor showed a fault. What are the detailed comments in the repair orders? As mentioned earlier...do they list the error code?

Sounds like your issue is with a bad service department. If they are not competent time for a new dealer. While this does suck sometimes it is the best remedy. The most common cause of these type of sensor issues is a bad main harness as water, etc gets in them. I believe this was mentioned earlier as well. It shouldn't take having a Ford engineer to come and inspect it. The service manual has detailed instructions for testing the connectors and harnesses.
about the issue
Park Aid Sensors

Had the same problem with my 2016 Sport. After three separate attempts, Ford
finally agreed to replace the wiring harness. That was on April 12th, system has been working just fine since last repair.

It is a known problem, but NOT covered under warranty!

.......It is a known problem, but NOT covered under warranty!
If the issue is covered by a TSB and the vehicle is under warranty, then it is covered.

Peter

I think today's drivers depend to much on the assists the factory installs on these new cars. I worked for ford from 1964 to 1975. When I left I bought an 18 wheeler tractor and drove coast to coast and border to border for 28 years. The only assist I had on my tractor were all my mirrors my eyes and ears. One of my delivery's had me on Madison ave in NYC and I parallel parked it, one shot. I started driving in 1958 when I got my licenses in Pennsylvania. Back then they said keep backing until it sounds expensive. ;)

I think today's drivers depend to much on the assists the factory installs on these new cars. I worked for ford from 1964 to 1975. When I left I bought an 18 wheeler tractor and drove coast to coast and border to border for 28 years. The only assist I had on my tractor were all my mirrors my eyes and ears. One of my delivery's had me on Madison ave in NYC and I parallel parked it, one shot. I started driving in 1958 when I got my licenses in Pennsylvania. Back then they said keep backing until it sounds expensive. ;)

There is NO WAY to tell where the front bumper is.

The problem for me started when I had the car washed. The dealer wanted over $300 to replace the harness. They were too lazy to see if the connection was good. Glad it got hot this week, the connector finally dried out and it works perfectly!

2016 Explorer XLT Parking sensors issue

Anyone have issues with front parking sensors going off when driving? Mostly occurs when slowing to a car in front of you at a stoplight or similar. Also occurs sometimes when raining or snowing. Drives me crazy dealer told me no way to turn off and I need to keep them clean. How is that supposed to happen when it's raining or snowing. Any feedback appreciated
YES - mine too. It's at the dealership now.

2016 Explorer XLT Parking sensors issue

Anyone have issues with front parking sensors going off when driving? Mostly occurs when slowing to a car in front of you at a stoplight or similar. Also occurs sometimes when raining or snowing. Drives me crazy dealer told me no way to turn off and I need to keep them clean. How is that supposed to happen when it's raining or snowing. Any feedback appreciated
If its happening after washing and cleaning car(shouldn't be frozen,dirt or snow on it) might have faulty sensor,see which one activate first in different situations,mine was the second from right and had to change it.

If its happening after washing and cleaning car(shouldn't be frozen,dirt or snow on it) might have faulty sensor,see which one activate first in different situations,mine was the second from right and had to change it.
FYI, the member you are responding to was last seen here on August 21, 2017.

Peter

FYI, the member you are responding to was last seen here on August 21, 2017.

Peter
Still some people might have same issues, it's not just for the user,its sharing info with each other.

Still some people might have same issues, it's not just for the user,its sharing info with each other.
Yes, that is so. Just didn't want you to be waiting for a reply from the member you quoted.
Merry Christmas,

Peter

Back