Failed Sync update

BerndM

Reaction score
10 miles NE of Disneyland in Southern California
City, State
Placentia, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Platinum
Well heck. I was trying to update my version 2.3 to the latest 3.0.
I THINK I followed the update instructions carefully but I must have missed a step somewhere.
I downloaded the update file (JR3T-14G381-AL) from the Ford Owner site for my 2017 Platinum Explorer.
I extracted it to an empty 32gb USB flash drive
I inserted it into the USB port (with the engine running) and pressed "Menu" and I get this

Installation Failed
Error Code LST_ERR05

I will be calling the provided 800 # in the morning for clarification.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got them same thing when I tried to update my wife's Sync on her 2017 Escape. I'm going to have the dealer do it next time it's in for service. It can be done through WiFi, but I haven't had any luck when attempting to do the update that way either. The system sees my WiFi, but it just spins while attempting to do the update. Ford's support for Apple products sucks!

TB

I got the same error when i loaded the files onto the USB drive using a Mac. It worked fine when I used a Windows computer. The Mac wasn't creating the correct folders.

Well heck. I was trying to update my version 2.3 to the latest 3.0.
I THINK I followed the update instructions carefully but I must have missed a step somewhere.
I downloaded the update file (JR3T-14G381-AL) from the Ford Owner site for my 2017 Platinum Explorer.
I extracted it to an empty 32gb USB flash drive
I inserted it into the USB port (with the engine running) and pressed "Menu" and I get this

Installation Failed
Error Code LST_ERR05

I will be calling the provided 800 # in the morning for clarification.
You shouldn't have to press anything. I just inserted the USB drive and waited a few seconds and it automatically started its loading.

Peter

I got the same error when i loaded the files onto the USB drive using a Mac. It worked fine when I used a Windows computer. The Mac wasn't creating the correct folders.
There is a known issue with using a Mac.

After talking to 3 different ESL people in "Technology Services", none of who could successfully help me, it was suggested that I take my 17 Platinum in to the dealer and let them deal with it.
Oh well
:(

After talking to 3 different ESL people in "Technology Services", none of who could successfully help me, it was suggested that I take my 17 Platinum in to the dealer and let them deal with it.
Oh well
:(
Did they tell you that there would be a charge for having the dealer do it? Did you reformat the USB drive after each unsuccessful attempt?

Peter

The dealer won't charge for it because it is still covered under the 3/36 factory warranty.
And yes I did make sure the 32gb sd card was formarted in Fat32.
This dealer just had to do the same thing on my wife's 17 Mustang GT with no charge

I posted on this thread a while back how to do it with a Mac:

SYNC 3 latest version
Post #131

Back