Accurate Video about Carbon Monoxide Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Accurate Video about Carbon Monoxide Issues

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got one that will show the ppm. The first one doesn't register in until 50 ppm which is a bit much.

This is a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, happened Nov. 1988 at 5:30 am going to work driving south bound I-275, I went OFF the of the MLK Jr. overpass, came to rest upside down on the I-275 entrance ramp below. My exhaust system ended right in front of the rear differential, there was NO interior, and there where holes in the floor boards, the windows where up and the heater was on because it was a cold morn. I remember nothing, and only regained consciousness when the ambulance crew dropped me in the ambulance and started cutting my clothes off checking for broken bones, the only injuries I had other then the carbon monoxide poisoning was a broken collar bone, I had a big bump on my head from hitting the drivers door window, and sprained the muscles in my back. I learned a HUGE lesson that day, DO NOT MESS around when it comes to carbon monoxide poisoning, make sure your vehicles exhaust system has NO leaks, and is properly run out to the rear of the car!

41402992_1123540211135491_3829522304312803328_o.jpg

@974X4BLACKSPORT ,

Those pictures are nasty.

Glad you walked away with little injuries.

That cold have been fatal.

So are you not feeling any symptoms? I would assume anything above 10ppm would be bad.
As I mentioned in past comments, we did experiments where my wife got a headache at 9 ppm and up. She is more sensitive than most; if I spray Windex on a rag to clean the Ex windows, and she comes out, she covers her face with her shirt.
This is why I liked using the carbon monoxide data logger. It runs every 10 seconds for three days, and then I print out a report of the graph showing the results. For example, I will write on my notepad that on Tuesday at 2PM, there was an exhaust odor and the wife got sick. Then later when I print out the graph from the last three day period, I will look at the Tuesday at 2 PM, and see if there was carbon monoxide recorded and how high the ppm was.
I propose that you reverse engineer the CO level for you by finding out when you get sick, see what level of CO you record inside the cabin. The lowest level of CO that you get sick maybe your threshold level.

CO will effect everyone differently.

Almost like H2S the body gets desensitized to it over time but the damage is already done.

As I mentioned in past comments, we did experiments where my wife got a headache at 9 ppm and up. She is more sensitive than most; if I spray Windex on a rag to clean the Ex windows, and she comes out, she covers her face with her shirt.
This is why I liked using the carbon monoxide data logger. It runs every 10 seconds for three days, and then I print out a report of the graph showing the results. For example, I will write on my notepad that on Tuesday at 2PM, there was an exhaust odor and the wife got sick. Then later when I print out the graph from the last three day period, I will look at the Tuesday at 2 PM, and see if there was carbon monoxide recorded and how high the ppm was.
I propose that you reverse engineer the CO level for you by finding out when you get sick, see what level of CO you record inside the cabin. The lowest level of CO that you get sick maybe your threshold level.
Why are you keeping your explorer if you have already done the repair and it didn't work? I wonder how high other cars ppm reach and what the normal levels are.

Why are you keeping your explorer if you have already done the repair and it didn't work? I wonder how high other cars ppm reach and what the normal levels are.
1. Cost of buying a $47K Explorer and selling it for $30K, so I can go out and buy another $47K vehicle and roll the dice does not sound like good business.
2. As a Ford share holder, I have lost thousands of dollars, and I thought if I could help solve this problem; share prices might go up.
3. I have worked to fix this problem for three years. If I work hard on this for three more years and do not find a solution, I will be qualified to work at Ford!
4. Now that I have completed the latest round of testing, to keep the wife from getting sick, as soon as we start to get a hint of exhaust odor, we drop the windows down right away.
5. I will keep working to fix this problem, and will report back.

Back