Rattling noise

9COOP5

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Exp XLS
2014 Exp XLT
Trying to post a video of my ‘02 XLS Explorer 2WD making a rattling noise when idling. It has been doing this for some time, but finally took a quick video and will post later. The noise is coming from the front of the truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love to hear it

The v6 make some noise naturally
We will need to hear it in a vid

Here is a vid of my brand new remanufactured with warranty engine

Yes I will have a video hopefully soon. I contacted the administrator about the video not sending.

A few bad or broken guides sounds

Yes I will have a video hopefully soon. I contacted the administrator about the video not sending.
You got a link

Torque converter going bad will rattle at idle.

Before I replaced my rear tensioner, I was considering that I might have a cracked flywheel...

Here is a vid of my brand new remanufactured with warranty engine

Donald, Did you ever resolve the noise on that new engine? I have the same sound after my rebuild. Don't fee like taking the engine out a third time and a third time tear down.

Nothing to solve
Just the nature of the beast i guess and I really looked into it
I got over 20k on it now I also supercharged it

Nothing to solve
Just the nature of the beast i guess and I really looked into it
I got over 20k on it now I also supercharged it
Ok. Just sounds not normal. Only sounds at idle and off idle to about 1300 after that sounds great, feels strong. Hmm.... Nice charger btw!!!

-Rom

The v6 make some noise naturally
We will need to hear it in a vid
I’ve ran into this a few times. Some motors are just a little noisy by design. My brother had a shop replace an engine under warranty. Was in a Grand Prix, and apparently it’s a big job to pull the motor. Took them two weeks and the replacement sounded exactly the same. It was a 4 cam, and chattered terribly.

I’ve ran into this a few times. Some motors are just a little noisy by design. My brother had a shop replace an engine under warranty. Was in a Grand Prix, and apparently it’s a big job to pull the motor. Took them two weeks and the replacement sounded exactly the same. It was a 4 cam, and chattered terribly.

4 cam, lots of moving parts. Well think il just run this sucker till rod knock. What's the worst that can happen... New rod and a crank? Haha.

4 cam, lots of moving parts. Well think il just run this sucker till rod knock. What's the worst that can happen... New rod and a crank? Haha.
You will be fine

My wife’s ‘05 4.0 makes this sound. I believe it’s the injectors firing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well if it gets worse, I'll just have to start my very first thread on yet another noise/knock/rattle post.

Back