• Register Today It's free!

Radio help please

4.6EXPLORERFAN

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer
My factory 6 disc decided to deep out. Turns off and on randomly. Decided to pick up an inexpensive Pioneer head unit(DEH-1000UB)to get some sound back. Bought the correct wiring harness but can't get the sub to turn on. What did I miss? I'm willng to get someone here has had the same experience. I searched threads but came up empty handed.

It’s the sub settings in the pioneer. Assuming you used the blue wire for the sub signal. Or do you mean factory sub? Don’t know on the wiring.

I do know I had this issue with my pioneer. Finally got the settings right and it worked.

Went to Pioneer 2DIN from a Kenwood 1Din. Big mistake. Ended up going to a 2Din Kenwwod. Much better controls and sound.

Yes. I think here are 3 or 4 settings in the HU and I tried each one. I had to use the blue wire from the HU and hooked it to one of the blue/white wires in the harness. I also hooked up 1 of the black/white grounds. Do I need to use all 4 wires? If so, what do he remaining blue/white wire and black/white wire hook to?

Back