Post service issues (Transmission/Computer) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post service issues (Transmission/Computer)

Threnners

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT V6
The (06 XLT V6) old bird spent a week in the shop getting the brakes overhauled (have been absolutely AMAZING since), and they had to replace the computer and 3 sensors. (Engine light on, sputtering, stalling, felt like it was clogged up somewhere.) Ever since I got it back a week ago though, the transmission has been WAY jerky and the engine light came back on this morning. All there is was a barely noticeable bit of rough idling. Amazingly I did NOT have any transmission problems before I took it in. Any ideas of what may be causing this or what the shop may have not done with the computer replacement?

(I am accepting that it's getting time to let it go, though, just let me get another year out of it.)

First thing you should do is get the check engine code read. Next the jerky transmission could be from the battery being disconnected for computer replacement and will go away with time. Basically the transmission needs to relearn your driving style and shift patterns.

I believe the computer is specific to the solenoid pack inside the transmission. the new computer would need to be programed to that solenoid pack.

Back