Temp gauge question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Temp gauge question

What he said ^

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What you said! Was in a hurry and couldn't wait on the aluminum part. So now after it lasted about two weeks, I am doing it over after the sensor threaded insert loosened up.

SO I have ordered the aluminum housing. What other goodies should I replace while I am in there? All of that 20 year old plastic on and around the intake manifold scares me.

Welcome to the Two-Week Club! My initiation was courtesy of Four Seasons. Just finished replacing my housing for the third time. Went with the Motorcraft housing upgrade once again and this time used a Motorcraft t-stat. Properly torqued everything...so, we'll see how it all performs this go-around. If there is a next time, I'll be looking at the metal housing, too.

I have never had an issue with plastic breaking off on my own vehicle during these installations; nor, when I've removed many manifolds off trucks at the JY. If you haven't already, replace the lower manifold gaskets and PCV valve. Other than that, the short water hose between the t-stat housing and water pump. Suppose you could get really involved and clean/replace fuel injectors.

Can anyone tell me where to locate one of these, or how to make up a workaround? Dealer price is outrageous.

98 SOHC Idle AIr Control Vacuum Line
idle air hose.jpg

Junkyard

Awesome, thank you. Looks like a simple fix. From the way it looks, a piece of heater or vacuum line can be used and the rear pipe can just be removed since it doesn't connect to anything?

Back