Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

I have 2 hoods if any one needs one I can bring to truckhaven.. FREE. Speak soon because they're going to the scrap yard.

1st gen hood with hood sccops. Came off the Navajo from RJ, and was on Dannyboys rig before that. Does have some damage to the front left corner.

2nd gen hood stock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll take the 1st gen one.

Edit: Are the hood scoops functional?

mirror.jpg
DSN_2081.jpg
DSN_2122.jpg

I'll take the 1st gen one.

Edit: Are the hood scoops functional?

Yes they are fuctional, they do a great job adding dirt to the engine compartment:D

also have a rear hatch glass.

And 2dr sport glass if anyone wants them

Yes they are fuctional, they do a great job adding dirt to the engine compartment:D

Sounds like they work about as well as the TJ hood vents I have on there right now. hahaha

I talked with my surgeon yesterday and told him to schedule my surgeys after November 10th. So I should be good to go for Truckhaven. :thumbsup:

I think that's me being pulled backwards

It rained 1/2" in Octotilla Wells yesterday.

NO AND THEN! :laugh:

There's a good flyover vid on the Coachella Valley page on FB/Instagram of the Box Canyon washout.
I was in Pioneertown Friday night and it was getting pretty bad up there. Roads turned into rivers...it was a little scary getting back home to the low desert.

44028207_1997728560275681_6741695025047928832_o.jpg

Yesterday they had to close the Arizona State Fair for the first time.

Looks like I will be taking the long way to Truck Haven. The amount of material they have to remove to reclaim the road is just unimaginable.

It rained fairly hard most of the night Friday, but nothing since. Maybe it cleared out and notched the ditches for us.

Camping locations:

We have two excellent places to camp at Truckhaven. The mesa to the north of Marina Rd and above the Truckhaven Arches is my preferred spot, but I know a few people don't like it. Its an interesting drive up to the top of the mesa but if I can do it, everyone else can. It has a much nicer view and less vehicle traffic.

The other spot is off the end of Marina Rd. I will be out there on Wednesday afternoon, so I can stake our claim to any spot we want. I am good either way. Its possible a bunch of other groups are camping at Truckhaven that weekend.

Is @zukman coming?

More pictures
IMG_20161019_175924976_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161021_102641530.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zukman was planning to come. If they got that much rain out there who knows what it looks like out there now.

Back