so SLOW | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

so SLOW

If you turn your phone to landscape it will show the signatures here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’d break the exhaust behind the rear converter. If it runs the same, I’d break the seal between the converters. I’m confident it’s got nothing to do with the transmission. At 95k it’s unlikely it was even opened. If you have a pick n pull you could convert to 4.10s cheaply, but it’d hurt your highway mileage slightly.

The Gibson is new, Put on in February or March. I'm confident there is noting wrong with the cats or exhaust system. Stock tires. 235-70-16. My main problem is throttle response. The pedal is floored in those vids. I'm just going to except it. No need for further troubleshooting. . It will move much better if I peg 5K rpm on each shift. I don't think the guides will like it & may fubar the engine faster. It's not a main vehicle anyway so I can deal with it

Check the exhaust anyhow, I've seen aftermarket cats DOA out the box, throw codes within 100 miles and even collapse.

You can just accept it if you want, but if your OHVs performed better there is something wrong with it.

Ditto, something is wrong there. I watched those videos and wondered where was the WOT part. At WOT the truck and the engine should be very noticeably trying hard.

I had a policeman stop me once because he heard me go by, right past a red light, where I had floored it up until I hit 2nd gear. I wasn't speeding excessively at 2nd gear, but he figured I was going to go a lot farther at WOT. I was turning at the next block, going to work. I was simply enjoying the sound of WOT for a short bit.

Those video clips sound more like normal driving for my trucks, just mild throttle.

Was it these engines where the throttle cable bracket clip (right before the throttle body) was plastic and prone to break, leaving cable play?

That was a good/funny movie;

Back