2011 Ford Explorer Low Oil Pressure Light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer Low Oil Pressure Light

Frank&Darrell8064

Reaction score
City, State
Brook Park
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer Base
So i have bought a 2011 Ford Explorer after my 1999 needs a retirement at 324,264 Miles
I am now Experiencing a low oil pressure light any help ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you changed the oil and filter lately? What is the condition when you purchased it? Do you have maintenance records or history?
Is the light on all the time, or just when cold, or when hot?
First thing I would do is check for sludge on the bottom of the oil pan, this can block the screen to the oil pump and restrict oil getting to the pump.

So i have bought a 2011 Ford Explorer after my 1999 needs a retirement at 324,264 Miles
I am now Experiencing a low oil pressure light any help ?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
How many miles are on the 2011? Although you didn't say, I'm guessing you checked the oil level on the dip stick? How long after you bought it did the low oil pressure issue begin? Did you get any kind of warranty with the purchase? Has anyone checked to see if there are any trouble codes that may have been stored?

Peter

124,000 miles I did buy a warranty i was just trying to get an idea I did how ever check the oil and seems fine to me .

Chances are it is just the oil pressure sensor. A few members have experiences it and replacement the sensor with success.

Some have received the notification once and upon reatart never saw it again.

Depending on what type of warranty you have, the easiest thing to do may be to just take it in and let someone figure out what the problem is.

If you want to tackle things yourself, you really need to hook up a gauge and verify the actual oil pressure, or lack thereof.

Back