What is this sign in the control panel?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is this sign in the control panel?!

Popov

Reaction score
City, State
Moscow
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer "Limited +"
Hello!

2 days after I installed Winter tyres, I saw this new orange small sign in the left control panel... I cannot find it in the Explorer manual, any suggestions about what it could be?

Thank you!
2018-10-27_002324.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a frost warning, it comes on in low ambient temps. Heads up for ice.

So far I have no luck finding that symbol/waring in the 2018 Manual. I have also never seen that and we have plenty low ambient temperatures and frost/ice here at times.

Peter

I wouldn't have a clue.

I live down South in the swamp of Louisiana....

Perhaps they will put one in there for us that looks like a mosquito???

Quick Google came up with this:

What does the snowflake symbol in my car mean?

It may be a Frost or Freeze Warning Indicator symbol, or it may indicate that the vehicle has been placed in Snow Mode. ... If there is a button on the console near the shift lever with the snow flake symbol on it, then the instrument panel light indicates that the button has been pressed and the vehicle is in Snow Mode.

Hope it helps....

Living in New Hampshire with plenty of frost, freezing temps, ice and snow and my Ex being 7 years old with 133k, I have never seen that symbol.

^ I've never seen Ford activate the feature in North America, which is a shame. I wouldn't mind it even if I can figure out if it's cold myself. :D

It is a FORSCAN setting that you have to manually enter. Ask me how I know?

Thank you everybody for replies, in fact it is noticed in the Russian manual only and of course I checked only the English one :(
This shows that temperature outside is "less than 4 Celsius", and warns that there may be ice :)

Back