Low oil pressure warning on LCD in aux | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low oil pressure warning on LCD in aux

codysmith105

Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Before my timing chain issue developed over the summer I was due for an oil change and I had started to get the LCD panel on for instrument cluster warning about low oil pressure only when the key was in the position between off and on. I think it's aux, not sure. Whatever step is right before ignition. It never persisted once the engine was running, nor did I see the oil pressure gauge fluctuate while driving.

I had previously immediately changed the oil right after buying the car and this was my first real needed change. I had opted to wait just a few weeks to do it as I drove very seldemly and I was about to leave for the summer.

Point being, because of the snapped guide in the passenger side bank, overdue tensioners and whatever other factors led to my slipped timing issue, I now have the engine out. And while I had initially decided not to remove the block cradle to service the balance shaft timing components, I'm now thinking back to that oil pressure warning.

If I do have an oil pump issue, I'm going to be kicking myself if I put the engine back in and end up having to later get to that damn pump.

Should I worry about it? Is the pump something that has a certainly mileage expected before failure? Is the warning ignoble or serious? You get the idea...

You have the motor out.... you might as well change it. Peace of mind will speak volumes just knowing you wont have to worry about it

Back