Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

Leave the H2 in the mall parking lot.:D

I am leaving the house as soon as I log off. Should be arriving in about three hours.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm shooting for a 1-2pm arrival. The camper is all packed and ready:chug:

I arrived about 3PM, walked around and was looking for a campsite when Sasha the Wonder Dog found it for us. She trotted about a 100 yards off and took a huge dookie right next to a most excellent fire ring. I decided right then and there, that was the spot. Its in the same area as last time we were out here, just farther back. Smooth road back to here. If it gets crowded over the weekend we should be separated from other groups. I am sitting outside working on my laptop, getting paid to camp. I am using the phone for Wi-Fi hot spot, never did that before. Pretty cool, a little slow, but cool.

Behold;
20181107_161924.jpg

I tried to upload a panorama photo but the file was too big to show you all how crowded it is out here. There is not one other rig within 360* view.

Wish I could join you out there Brian. I'll be halfway there working in Thermal tomorrow at The Thermal Club. It's a high falutin' private racetrack for the rich folks to play with their exotic cars. We are painting all the houses being built there. The houses are basically garages with a house built around it...the garages hold around 15 cars comfortably.

Wish I could join you out there Brian. I'll be halfway there working in Thermal tomorrow at The Thermal Club. It's a high falutin' private racetrack for the rich folks to play with their exotic cars. We are painting all the houses being built there. The houses are basically garages with a house built around it...the garages hold around 15 cars comfortably.

sounds like my dream home

Nice, except that town isn't named Thermal without reason. It's so hot in the summer they have pool parties and everyone brings a block of ice to throw in. I guess that's proof the economy is doing well, when people can afford weekend houses for their race cars.

Nice, except that town isn't named Thermal without reason. It's so hot in the summer they have pool parties and everyone brings a block of ice to throw in. I guess that's proof the economy is doing well, when people can afford weekend houses for their race cars.
I just looked that place up and holy cow. I know money doesn't bring happiness, but it does afford bad ass cars and that's pretty close...

It's starting to get windy out here. 15MPH winds with gusts up to 40 predicted until tomorrow, then it should be a nice weekend. Tom went over to look at Salvation Mountain. I have been there a few times, so I opted to stay and watch the wind blow.

Don't bring up the W word!!

I'm leaving in the morning tomorrow. Should get there around noonish. I'll find a good motorhome spot and put my tent there.

The big W is going pretty good at my place now, but should die down before I leave tomorrow.

I’ll be pulling in around midnight. I’m in Gila Bend getting some food.

~Mark

Not looking good. Went to go pick up the trailer and now the f250 will not start. Pretty sure it's the fuel pump:( Gotta get it back home first then figure it out.

Out!:(

Was able to get the truck back home, but it's definitely the fuel pump. Can't hear it, and it starts and then just dies. It's super windy at my place so not really favorable to working on it right now, and I lost the water pump in my '97 pulling into the driveway last night from work. So I'm down to JP for getting around right now. So I guess I better get to fixing stuff.

I also had problems getting a trailer, As I tried a new place then they cancelled on me yesterday because the last renters broke it. Then Uhaul was giving me issues, then I cancelled that because Zukman said he was backing out because they could not get there rig running correctly, and Zukmam came down sick. I was on my way to get Zukmans flatbed, when I stopped to run on the way over there and the truck would not start again. Had to call AAA.:oops:

At least it happened close to home and without the truck all loaded up. That would have super sucked to have this happen out there.

Brian you can move camp now though:p :laugh:

I am still a couple hours away. I am not sure where the campsite is. Is there anyway you can explain where everyone is?

Stic-o.
Sorry to hear about your issues. See you on the next run.

I am still a couple hours away. I am not sure where the campsite is. Is there anyway you can explain where everyone is?

Stic-o.
Sorry to hear about your issues. See you on the next run.
2 roads north of the arco is North Marina Drive. Head west there, keep going until you reach the “y”. There is a sign there, turn right, follow it around. We are on the left towards the end.

~Mark

Loading up and heading out in an hour or so

:pics:

Enjoy and be safe!

Went by a few camps but couldn't find you guys. I'll hang out at the old spot if someone can come by...thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Events still unfolding...

Edit: everyone is fine, rig is right side up again and running.

Back