Adding Police Engine Idle / Secure Idle | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Police Engine Idle / Secure Idle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have what might be the right part #. I ordered it. May take a while to get but I will report back. Just the switch for now.

These are parts related to the physical keyed ignition switch. Not the parts that are being sought after for Police Engine Idle.

Ok gotcha, dang!

The switch part # is confirmed to be HB5Z-13D730-AA. I have it in my possession. I will try to test some pinouts of it and such later after the goblins are done visiting for candy for evening.

Nothing jumps out at me that the switch needs to be installed to enable the feature. It just simply sends ground through the circuit when the button is pressed.

Awesome! Did you find the plug on the harness to connect the switch to?

I do know where it plugs in. Whenever I get my hands on a vehicle I will be testing things. No idea when that will be.

According to the wiring diagrams, connector c3205 is for ignition off bypass. Located on the driver side sill plate harness, but about 8" ahead of the sill plate.

The manual omits this from the connector section so I don't know the color codes.

If adding the switch doesn't work, check this connector as well.

The panel with the cut-out for the switch appears to be BB5Z-7804338-AC. I found it in the catalogue, but do not remember where.

The panel with the cut-out for the switch appears to be BB5Z-7804338-AC. I found it in the catalogue, but do not remember where.
Lower Panel - Ford (BB5Z-7804338-AC) | Auto Nation Ford White Bear La

Peter
8a70f124382d8d1c0d9e647286743e04.jpg

I was told the panel should be HB5Z-7804338-KA.

Got the switch today. Electrically it operates like the power lift gate switch. Momentary switches pin 7 to ground.

I had hands on with a 18 Utility today and had success. I'll post more later but the switch does need to be installed and IDS does need to be used.

So no go with forscan then?

Ok to follow up on my post from last night. I was hoping to dig through the IDS session to gather some direct programming info but I ran IDS through OASIS and apparently it doesn't save info like a direct IDS session does so I was a bit disappointed in that.

Anyway here are the basics....

• The switch needs to be installed
  • Police Engine Idle must be enabled (BCM) -this is an IDS direct function for the Sedan however it is not for the Utility (don't ask me why )
  • The feature is still not operative at this point (pushing the button will get an error message saying the vehicle isn't equipped for it)
  • Then in IDS the process in link #22 Adding Police Engine Idle / Secure Idle is done
Police Engine Idle will now work.

I can only attest to this working on the 18 Utility however I would guess it will work for all 17 and up Utilities/Sedans.

Ok to follow up on my post from last night. I was hoping to dig through the IDS session to gather some direct programming info but I ran IDS through OASIS and apparently it doesn't save info like a direct IDS session does so I was a bit disappointed in that.

Anyway here are the basics....

• The switch needs to be installed
  • Police Engine Idle must be enabled (BCM) -this is an IDS direct function for the Sedan however it is not for the Utility (don't ask me why )
  • The feature is still not operative at this point (pushing the button will get an error message saying the vehicle isn't equipped for it)
  • Then in IDS the process in link #22 Adding Police Engine Idle / Secure Idle is done
Police Engine Idle will now work.

I can only attest to this working on the 18 Utility however I would guess it will work for all 17 and up Utilities/Sedans.

What is link 22? when i click it, it just links back to this thread?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Thomas.:wave:
Sorry, can't help with your question.

Peter

Back