• Register Today It's free!

Looking at a 2010 STA V8

sjones

Reaction score
City, State
Cary, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 V8 AWD STA
I use to own a 2010 awd v8 Adrenalin years ago and I made the mistake of buying a Range Rover thinking that I was upgrading. Fast forward 3 years later and many many shop visits with my Rover, I am looking at a Adrenalin again. Found a 2010 V8 with 60k miles on it but dealer is asking $26k which seems kind of high unless these things have started appreciating in value. My rover is still under factory warranty so I'm in no rush but I'm interested in going back to an Adrenalin. Wish Ford had not discontinued this model.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, a lot of them are listed pretty high, but I don't think they're selling for anywhere near that. I bought my 2010 V8 AWD STA one year ago, after shopping casually for a new Ridgeline. It was in Houston (not a lot of Adrenalins anywhere near Texas) with 63k miles on it. I think they had it originally priced at like $24k or so. It was in really good shape for the most part. After we got it up on a lift, I pointed out a couple of minor issues underneath that haven't caused any problems in the last year. They replaced a brake caliper and the spare tire, and we agreed on a sale price of around $18k. I've been happy with it ever since.

So yeah...I'd imagine $26k is way too steep for that truck these days. Good luck, and welcome back to the Adrenalin life. I do wonder if the imminent new Ranger will have any effect on the market for these STAs, but that remains to be seen.

I bought my 09 V8 STA June and paid $16,000. I live in Southern Utah and the STA was in Pocatello ID. I search all over the western US and the most expensive Sport Trac I found was a 2010 STA for $21,000. I had some issues that I have taken care or and the dealer I bought it from had to kick in a thousand bucks for a repair or two to keep the deal alive.
The salesman flat out lied to me but the the dealer owned kept the deal alive.
Good luck in your search.

The dealer called me to let me know it sold to someone else. The buyer paid full asking price according to the sales guy that called me. So the search continues. My range rover has developed yet another new problem as of yesterday so I may kick my search into higher gear soon.

Yeah full price and what other lies did he tell you. Kelly Blue Book says that truck is worth $18,000 to $22,000. :dunno:

My rover is back in the shop. *again*. The search for a STA is full on. I drove a Canyon last night but it didn't drive like my old 2010 STA that I use to own.

Are you just shopping locally or would you consider shipping one to NC? You should be able to find something. Good luck wish I could help.
I have wonder about Canyons. If you aren't set on a V8 you could look at Nissan Frontier, nah I wouldn't at them either.:banghead:

Unfortunately there are no STA's in my area forsale. They all appear to be up north or out west so I will have to fly to purchase one.

Just figure the cost of shipping in the purchase price. There are hundreds of car haulers traveling the interstates everyday carrying used vehicles. That 's what I had planned for mine until I just told the to dealer to deliver if they wanted a sale they would have to figure out the shipping and magically if appeared.
If you find anything for sale in southern utah I'll check it out for you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thank you! I have been using cars.com for my searches. I didn't even think to check autotrader.com

Good luck in your search.
I just did an online search and started checking whatever came up then narrowed the search on each site to just 2010 V8 Adrenalin

Back