• Register Today It's free!

Little rubber door bumpers.

Search and Rescue

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Holly, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
I've owned a 1994 four door Explorer XLT since I bought it new in '94. Over the years, most of the little anti-rattle rubber bumpers that fit between the doors and frame have been lost. I haven't been able to find them anywhere and I'm not even sure I am using the proper nomenclature when I search. Does anybody know where I can find them?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I usually snag a few when I'm looking for another part at the salvage yard. I think they are called 'door stops' but I may be wrong on that. Rubber baby buggy bumpers?

I usually snag a few when I'm looking for another part at the salvage yard. I think they are called 'door stops' but I may be wrong on that. Rubber baby buggy bumpers?
I thought about that, but I figured I would try to find some after market rubber baby buggy bumpers 1st. :bounce:

According to the LMC link, which number rubber bumper are you looking for?

I know this is an old thread, but this may complete the loop with an answer....

Looking for new rubber stops, I checked auto parts stores and hardware stores. They each had similar, but slightly different sized, stops.

Then checked local Ford dealer. I know, usually obsolete or expensive. But these are still available for $2.60 each. Part number 6781A. N8044625. (One of those number sequences may have been my order number.)

Yay for the Ford dealer. Got my parts.

Install tip: lubricate the rubber, and use pliers for a little extra force.

Good luck with this.
November 2018

Back