1993 Ford Explorer Window issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Ford Explorer Window issue

SupremeMusic

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
so hi guys I’m new here I been owning my 1st gen Explorer for about 1 year now and i just encountered a weird issue while driving randomly my driver window goes down automatically i press the button to go up but just here a tick noise and I see my battery voltage go down the only way I can make it go up is if I switch the key on and off a few times while holding the button to go up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bushings in the window motor are probably gone. Replace those and you should be golden. There is thread around here with the repair instructions, just search for it.

The bushings in the window motor are probably gone. Replace those and you should be golden. There is thread around here with the repair instructions, just search for it.

I actually replaced those all four to be exact before

Bad window switch?

Possibly a bad 'one-touch' module, it's the one in the door frame. You can test this by disconnecting the module and using a heavy wire to jump red/yellow to red. This essentially deletes the one-touch window operation so it works like the other windows. I actually had a lazy window and tracked it down to a problem with this module. I bypassed it and just left it that way.

the center of the drivers door, under the panel, a box about the size of a cig package, that is the automatic control module

I have had problems with those modules in several 90s Fords. I keep a couple spares around haha

Back