Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

Thanks for posting the pics, Looks like it was a good time !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iZAU5qj.jpg

IRl4tF6.jpg

4jaLqQT.jpg

VfPSBNQ.jpg

bgB8ldD.jpg

b0can8W.jpg

hi2Ax0W.jpg

oIBYCr8.jpg

M9QNYox.jpg

Jfg77Cu.jpg

Never thought I would see an FJ, playing with you guys out there. How did it do with that IFS?

A lotta three tire action, but he only touched the body once where you see my big ass laying on the ground moving the rocks from being against the side of his truck. He christened the hell out of his rock sliders though. It helped that he had a rear locker and front trac-loc thing that kept killing power on him to cause the truck to grab.

I don't have many pictures of the group run. I will get the ones my wife took when I get home. This post is mostly for Tom. I am camped out near Borrego Springs off Rockhouse Road. I might stay a few more days because it's really nice weather right now, and why the heck not.

I went into Coyote Canyon today. All 3 water crossings are shallow, and they practically paved the part of the trail that kept people out. Never even locked the hubs. I came across a solo TJ, 3 YJ's and 3 Tacomas throughout the day. It's still green and beautiful, but with more people and a bunch more signs. Here are a few pics.

Water crossings
20181113_120129.jpg

20181113_142234.jpg

20181113_121009.jpg

Used to be fun section of trail
20181113_121708.jpg

We made it home Monday night. Of course, we wish we stayed down there.. The air is just horrible, we hit some wind in the Riverside/San Bernardino area.

Brian, next time we stay longer and do coyote canyon with you.. Awesome pictures.

We made it home Monday night. Of course, we wish we stayed down there.. The air is just horrible, we hit some wind in the Riverside/San Bernardino area.

Brian, next time we stay longer and do coyote canyon with you.. Awesome pictures.

Glad ya made it home safe bud. Y'all stay safe up there.

Still kinda wish I still had this monster; I could of really terrorized everyone... :D Too bad California made it hard to keep.

truckhaven-flex-640x480.jpg

Made it home a few hours ago. Got a few more pictures of Post Truckhaven. Went to Inspiration Point yesterday. It was one of the few areas I haven't been into before. Nothing too difficult, but scenic. Some sand dunes I didn't try since I was alone and the Explorer is like a beached whale in soft sand.

This is on the only road into and out of Coyote Canyon. WTF State Parks???
20181113_142139.jpg

Inspiration Point
20181114_135015.jpg

My RV was parked near the base of the hill in center of the picture.

20181114_135144.jpg

20181114_135339.jpg

This marker is where the first group of people came through in 1775 to settle Alta, California. They used the pass through Coyote Canyon up to what is now Anza. When I was a kid, we did the trail several times. State Parks closed it several years ago because the off-roaders were bothering the wild horses, which they later removed. Road is still closed though... Looking straight ahead in the picture, you can see Coyote Canyon in the distance
20181114_144919.jpg

I noticed when I got back from my Wednesday solo run that my driver side front axle seal seems to be leaking. I must have nicked it when I changed out the axle shaft U-joints and it just now decided to start leaking. Dang, one of the most pain in the rear seals to replace.

seeing how freaking close I was getting on the waterfall in that spot just makes it that much more aggravating! just needed a little bump to make it over that one lip that the rear tire was getting to but wouldn't go up. definitely trying this sucker again next time I'm out there

I noticed when I got back from my Wednesday solo run that my driver side front axle seal seems to be leaking. I must have nicked it when I changed out the axle shaft U-joints and it just now decided to start leaking. Dang, one of the most pain in the rear seals to replace.

Twinsies!

My axle seal leaks too

Wow, they really did fill it all in? It was easy last time I did it, but it wasn't filled in with sand like that.

Its so smooth they could lay asphalt on it. I think I could get my Silverado all the way to Sheep Camp.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its so smooth they could lay asphalt on it. I think I could get my Silverado all the way to Sheep Camp.
I guess I'll take Wesley back there in my van now.

Back