• Register Today It's free!

Fortin Remote Start Question

2sonsexps

Reaction score
City, State
Salem, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
I have a 2013 Explorer XLT and I bought my wife a Fortin RS Remote Start kit. I have removed the bottom panel of the steering column and the kick panel below the steering column as well as the metal panel behind it. I can see the back of the ignition switch but I cannot find the small transponder plug that you are supposed to unplug to connect the T-harness to it.

Has anyone ever installed one of these systems on a 5th Gen explorer and know where the transponder plug is located?

Thanks!

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if this will help, but it is a start

No, but you should look at returning that kit and just activate the existing remote start via Forscan.

@Jon M

My guess is in the body control module?

Do you know the location of that function?

Off Topic I plan on doing that to my 2011 Fusion.

I have a 2013 Explorer XLT and I bought my wife a Fortin RS Remote Start kit. I have removed the bottom panel of the steering column and the kick panel below the steering column as well as the metal panel behind it. I can see the back of the ignition switch but I cannot find the small transponder plug that you are supposed to unplug to connect the T-harness to it.

Has anyone ever installed one of these systems on a 5th Gen explorer and know where the transponder plug is located?

Thanks!

Jeff
Welcome to the Forum Jeff.:wave:
I don't recall seeing that name (Fortin) here before. Is it the EVO-FORT4 model that you have? I just looked it up.;)

Peter

Yes, return the kit. Remote start is built into the 2011-2015 even if it's not enabled. There is another long thread which explains exactly how to do it for about $75.

Where is it at?

@peterk9

I was being lazy...

Thanks.

I installed this fortin kit, along with a long range two way option, the transponder plug is a smaller plug just a little to the side of the ignition plug, you can pop out the ring around the key barrel and you'll see it, as a side note you can activate the factory remote start option via forscan but the range is very short, good luck.

Back