Maximizer headers?

palavine1951

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Sport
Has anyone used these headers and what is your opinion? Can I bolt them up to Windsor jr heads?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a link?

Reviving this:

Maximizer Header For 1997 98 99 00 2001 Ford Explorer Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L 708036071345 | eBay

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/vREAAOSwj3BbYjLb/s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Copy of the TMH for $440
I like this very much

Should fit gt40 and gt40p heads, 96-01 Explorer 5.0

I found these too.......

410, I purchased a set of these and the material and fit are good on my Windsor heads. I had to get 3/8's spacers to clear my valve covers because I went with an adjustable valve train. The spacers transition the port flow perfectly to the headers. They are 1 and 5/8's openings and the headers openings are just a bit bigger. I just hope I don't have a clearance problem with the AC or steering.

You should be fine, I have installed a few sets of TMH and they always clear the AC and steering just fine.
Thanks for the report on the quality, they look to be just about identical in every way to the TMH except with these you get a new EGR tube

If my Mounty wasn’t semi retired I’d give those headers a try. They look to be decent for the cash.

Just curious are they 1.5" tubes?

Not sure but I think they are smaller 1.25 maybe

Actually I think they are 1 and 5/8's. I had to order 3/8 in spacers that fit a Windsor port with an opening of 1 and 5/8 in and I matched them up together and the header opening was just a bit bigger than the spacer if not exact. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.

Anybody try these? I bought some used Ford headers but I think I will get these.

You will like them they are replica's of the Torque Monster headers and the fit and finish is great!

Thinking these are renamed OBX headers. I dug into the sellers feedback profile and saw a few OBX regrets.

Minus also about 275.00 worth of jet hot ceramic coating.

Maybe there is something I need to buy ahead of bumpers!

Headers are #1 for 5.0 owners IMO the factory manifolds are just so restrictive its a shame that the GT40 302 cannot breathe

Back