• Register Today It's free!

Stock radio

mgmgmg

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 LTD '10 LTD V8
Looking to buy a stock radio for my 94. I know buy a after market, don't want one. Does anybody have a 94 stock radio laying around. I have the stock CD player but was going in and out in past 2 months.... I'll post pics of back.
20181127_184440.jpg
20181127_184434.jpg
20181127_184426.jpg

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might be worth cracking it open and looking for cracked solder joints. Sounds like a possible power supply issue.

will do and crack open.....

That small burn mark near LCD screen makes me wonder. All solder joints look fine

20181128_105428.jpg

20181128_104720.jpg

20181128_104631.jpg

20181128_104621.jpg

Sometimes old electronics fail for no reason. Unfortunately at this age good replacements aren’t easy to come by. Even if we’ll cared for 25 years of dust is hard on a CD player.

Roadrunner thank you great info! Will hit my local junkyard for radio, I dont care if its a cassette radio, I called around its about $150 to fix. Im on the fence with that price...

Sheesh. Just priced some factory radios... insanity. For the price I couldn’t replace it it’s another vintage piece of inferior equipment.

The pick-a-part yards I go to charge $15 each... but they are "AS IS"...

First gens in my yard are very rare. They got picked apart very fast.

My local Junk Yard has 2 94 Limited's with radios. They wouldnt tell me a price over the phone? Up North in MN you dont see many 1st gens. The pick and pull has none. But boat load of 2nd gens? I just thought somebody in this forum would have a 94 radio laying around.....Its my winter beater im not spending more then $20......

If it’s just a beater why not drop a new $30 radio in it? It’s better than no tunes.

20181130_183811.jpg

LOL. Problem solved.

I might have a radio somewhere but it would take me some time to find it.
My current truck has aftermarket installed by previous owner. I thought I had a spare but might be mistaken i’ll check

I have two old CD players from my 93 Limited. The original died and I had it repaired(new face plate), and a year later one day it displayed "BAD." Then a used one I bought from eBay didn't last long either, and that was in about 2005. I'd give them both away for the cost of shipping. Repairing the older OEM radios is expensive, the diagnostic costs alone are generally about the same as a new aftermarket deck.

CDW6212R, Good point on these old cd/cass radios, Buy 1 from Junk Yard 3 days later its dead!

Back