Best after market bearing hub assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best after market bearing hub assembly

omma909p

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford explorer 2010 xlt
Hi
I want change front wheel hub assembly but I want best aftermarket brand for this parts

My car is

Ford Explorer 2010 XLT 4WD V6 4.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Timkin. I believe they actually make the Ford OE bearings

Motorcraft, timkin, or any other name brand bearing. If you do some searching on the forum you will find that even cheap off brand bearing can last a long time. you can also find that name brand bearings can be hit or miss. I put in timkin bearings and the drivers side only lasted 30k miles while the original front motorcraft hubs lasted 100k and 120k. I could have gone longer on the 120k but I replaced it because I already had the new bearing.

Motorcraft is good but it is so expensive. Some there is aftermarket spare parts good quality more than original like Shock absorber I use Gabriel® it's better than the original. So if anyone knows good bearing hub brand from his experience I would thankful to tell me about it

Hi
I want change front wheel hub assembly but I want best aftermarket brand for this parts

My car is

Ford Explorer 2010 XLT 4WD V6 4.0
I’ve had good luck over the years with Moog replacement parts. The Moog rear hub assembly I put in my ‘02 was of good quality, and had either a Timken or National bearing (can’t remember for sure). It fit as well as OEM.

Just bought two Timken hub assemblies from Amazon. Replaced both fronts. Obviously I can't speak to their long term quality, but they are certainly riding good now with a couple of hundred miles on them. In my research on the topic it seemed Motorcraft, Moog, and Timken were the biggest recommendations. I went with Timken as they were the cheapest and couldn't find anyone who mentioned having major issues with them.

Another vote for Timken. 6 months & lots of miles, no issues.

i still cast my vote at the $50 ebay hubs...... 65k and still going strong.... with the total mileage bearing down on 180k i know the hubs will outast the rest of the truck

Back