Can Front & Rear Climate Controls be Synced? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Front & Rear Climate Controls be Synced?

I'll throw in my 2 cents on this issue. Although I have a '16, I totally understand the issue/question/topic. My only "passenger" in the back is my dog, Beasley, who goes almost everywhere with me. She is a totally pampered, spoiled, 65lb Aussie Shepard/Beagle mix (not that this has anything to do with anything - I just love my girl!). I have the back completely set up for her - all seats down, a custom-fit quilted pad with zippers that allow either of the 2nd row split seats to be up or down when needed, it covers from the hatch to the front of the (flat) 2nd row, AND she has a thick memory foam mattress to lay on. SPOILED!

Getting back on topic, in AZ, it's very hot in the summer so, when the dog is in the car, I need the back blowing cold and strong for her, especially when I run into a store for a quick something and leave the car on (gotta disable that Double-Honk one day!). But when she's not in the car, I don't like listening to the blowers in back on High - so I'm constantly messing with the settings. It would certainly be easier to have the front and back in sync - but I can't, so I'm messing with the A/C buttons, accessing the "Rear" controls. Quite honestly, it's easier to simply reach back and manually turn the knobs for temp and blower settings when possible (her bed gets pushed up against the front seats a lot so I can't reach the controls so I usually have to use the Sync A/C controls, forcing me to take my eyes off the road. I wonder if it's Voice-Controllable at all - I've never tried that, although I find the voice commands to be most exasperating most of the times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, so I looked further into this. I guess I'm not understanding what the issue is. In SYNC 3, if you go to rear controls there is a plus/minus, hit the plus and it raises the temp(the temp is based on the driver setting is my understanding) hit the minus and it lowers the temp. If you leave it in the middle the temp is the same as the drivers. Or at least this is the way I understand that it works, but maybe I've confused this with MFT or the GM system.

This is from my owner's manual:
"Rear fan speed control lock: When illuminated, you can only operate the rear passenger settings through the front controls."
This specific control is in the rear climate control center.

I am a new owner of a 2018 sport and have 2 young kids in car seats in the back. They cannot reach the controls and I just want their temp and fan speed to match the front.

I will soon attempt to use FORscan and enable the "HVAC Police Option." Based on the description I hope it will sync the systems. Also there are options to edit the Rear Aux control. I will try to adjust these settings and report back my results.

Police Option 11-19MY HVAC 733-01-01 x*xx xxxx xxzz 0=Disabled, 1=Rear climate always controlled from the front
Rear Aux Control 11-19MY HVAC 733-01-02 xx*x xxxx zz 0=Disabled, 2=Manual, 4=Automatic

You have control over back setting from the front. See above.

I am a new owner of a 2018 sport and have 2 young kids in car seats in the back. They cannot reach the controls and I just want their temp and fan speed to match the front.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As indicated by Lewisra, the answer has already been posted in #23 and is also shown on page 133 of your Owner's Manual. No need for Forscan programming.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As indicated by Lewisra, the answer has already been posted in #23 and is also shown on page 133 of your Owner's Manual. No need for Forscan programming.

Peter
Thanks for the welcome Peter.

Maybe I did not make myself clear.
Post #23 does not answer the question in the title of this thread. (Can the front and rear climate controls be synced?)
Yes I understand that you can lock the rear control panel and only control the rear from the Sync3 touch screen. But when you lock the rear control panel the climate settings in the rear are NOT synced with the climate settings in the front. There is a separate menu on the front touch screen you must access to adjust the rear.

I know it sounds a little demanding and picky but I am looking to control both the font and rear temp & fan speed using the hardware buttons in the front. For example, if I increase the fan speed with the hardware button in the front I would like the rear climate system to also increase the fan speed. The whole vehicle to operate as 1 system.

To be honest, I've never tried it. I'm the only one in the vehicle and have never used the rear controls in mine. I think I understand now. 'Controlled' is not the same as 'Synced'.

Peter

Thanks for the welcome Peter.

Maybe I did not make myself clear.
Post #23 does not answer the question in the title of this thread. (Can the front and rear climate controls be synced?)
Yes I understand that you can lock the rear control panel and only control the rear from the Sync3 touch screen. But when you lock the rear control panel the climate settings in the rear are NOT synced with the climate settings in the front. There is a separate menu on the front touch screen you must access to adjust the rear.

I know it sounds a little demanding and picky but I am looking to control both the font and rear temp & fan speed using the hardware buttons in the front. For example, if I increase the fan speed with the hardware button in the front I would like the rear climate system to also increase the fan speed. The whole vehicle to operate as 1 system.

You can't sync them to the front controls as they operate differently. The rear must be controlled manually via the touch screen or rear controls.

You can't sync them to the front controls as they operate differently. The rear must be controlled manually via the touch screen or rear controls.

So the FORScan info presented in post #24 are not valid, correct?

@DDD_db any update on if your programming produced any changes?

Thanks.

I will soon attempt to use FORscan and enable the "HVAC Police Option." Based on the description I hope it will sync the systems. Also there are options to edit the Rear Aux control. I will try to adjust these settings and report back my results.

Police Option 11-19MY HVAC 733-01-01 x*xx xxxx xxzz 0=Disabled, 1=Rear climate always controlled from the front
Rear Aux Control 11-19MY HVAC 733-01-02 xx*x xxxx zz 0=Disabled, 2=Manual, 4=Automatic

I tried some options with ForScan and I am sad to report that nothing would sync the front and rear. PlatinumOwner is correct.
I could completely disable the rear and I could use only the front touch screen to control the rear but only by using the "rear" menu. I could not control the rear temp / fan speed using the hardware buttons in the front.

I tried some options with ForScan and I am sad to report that nothing would sync the front and rear. PlatinumOwner is correct.
I could completely disable the rear and I could use only the front touch screen to control the rear but only by using the "rear" menu. I could not control the rear temp / fan speed using the hardware buttons in the front.
Well that sucks. I was hoping to solve this poor design issue.

I can’t seem to get the rear ac to sync in anyway. The fan speed always stays constant unless I manually change it. With this and the remote start not cooling issues I’m going to have to call Ford and give them a piece of my mind. I’ve been a loyal Ford owner all my life and this kind of oversight is unacceptable...especially if they cannot correct it.

^^ Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Can anyone tell me why I cannot sync my rear climate controls to the front settings. Every vehicle I've had with rear controls can be synced to the front but these have to be operated separately? When I lock the rear controls and turn on the ac the rear blows hot air but it I operate them separately the rear blows as cold if not colder than the front

Can anyone tell me why I cannot sync my rear climate controls to the front settings. Every vehicle I've had with rear controls can be synced to the front but these have to be operated separately? When I lock the rear controls and turn on the ac the rear blows hot air but it I operate them separately the rear blows as cold if not colder than the front
Your thread was merged with this existing one. Perhaps the answer is contained here.

Peter

Back