jimbo74 2001 F150

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Picked up a well used 2001 F150 Supercab 4x4 XLT, 5.4L Triton V8, 174k miles, automatic transmission.
Has a lift and no muffler. 315/75/16s on it.
Motor feels strong, and the interior is pretty clean, has aftermarket headlights, but they are messed up, and has a subwoofer with a Pioneer deck, however, I don't like it. It does have the factory cd changer in the center console if that matters?
I do have a mismatched wheel, it is a chrome stocker, looks like someone messed one of them up, and didn't replace it. Looking for a matching wheel if anyone has one. It is a Weld Mountain Crusher wheel.
I think the rear end needs to come up higher, but it has like 2 blocks? so I don't like that, one block has a bumpstop thing on it, and the other is just a block..... I want to do all spring...
Also, gearing is way off, I want to fix that, and also run through all the fluids. nothing is leaking, but there is dry seepage remnants just about everywhere, no wet spots though

Just became an Elite Explorer again. It's been well over a decade since I have had a 4x4, and probably like 15 years since I have had a Ford 4x4

00T0T_3NnICDQ2zss_600x450.jpg

Looking to get a tuner to fix my speedometer being off due to the larger tires, what does everyone here recommend?

Also, looking to get 6" lifted leaf springs for the rear, what would be the best source to get those from?

Also, still need to figure out what trans I have, and what axles, etc, tcase all that good stuff

ok, so I have the 4R70W, rear 9.75 diff - 4.56 gears with a limited slip. 8.8" front axle
pretty sure it is the BW4406 tcase

EDIT: and sadly, truck is down right now. I had a coolant leak... not sure where it was, but from forums, think it might have been the water pump pipe to the back of the motor.... never saw a leak... but i do have oil and coolant in the valley under the intake manifold! never had any oil in coolant or coolant in oil....

index.php

That looks like a mess. I hope you get it all cleared up.

Back