2020 Explorer | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

FYI, Ford's production schedule shows initial orders for the 2020 Explorer model will be accepted starting January 16th, with scheduling beginning February 28th and production starting up May 6th. That would coincide with a possible first week of June 2019 release for sales.
**The Aviator follows the same schedule.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Optimism .... here is one for you.
"Without the extra electrical juice, this engine alone produces an impressive 400 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. But with the aid of batteries, these figures increase to 450 hp and 600 lb-ft in the Aviator Grand Touring trim. A 10-speed automatic is the sole transmission. Lincoln also wants Aviator owners to be able to drive their SUV in any condition, thus offering Normal, Conserve, Excite, Slippery, and Deep Conditions driving modes. The Aviator Grand Touring (aka the hybrid), also has Pure EV and Preserve EV modes."

Will the Explorer ST Hybrid be like the Lincoln Aviator?

Ford's hybrid system is the same across the board, it is built into the trans.. may not have the same power output as Lincoln but it is the same design.

This is the same for the F150 and mustang coming..

Sorry, Forddealz but the screen looks small.and now gear selection is via a dial on the console. Ever since the first
car I bought, 1966 396 Chevy Impala SS I have had a floor mounted gear shifter -- "4 on the floor" so to speak. Hummm..........

OMG, I hope that's a first prototype that's been changed since, our current interior looks more refined than that. That screen looks like they forgot to design in a screen and they said "Quick cut the dash out here we gotta get that screen in here somewhere"

is that a honda civic or accord interior:laugh:

a-20_5.jpg

OMG, I hope that's a first prototype that's been changed since, our current interior looks more refined than that. That screen looks like they forgot to design in a screen and they said "Quick cut the dash out here we gotta get that screen in here somewhere"

I don't mind the current Explorer's dash design either but I guess they had to do something. The reviews of the heavily refreshed 2019 Edge are bashing the dash's "antiquated" look which is similar to the current Explorer. And I think the new Explorer design is a nice balance of following the tablet-on-top trend while doing something a little different - placing it right between the vents, not above them like most other makers nowadays.

I sure like the new interior MUCH more than I like the new front end.

I saw the Lincoln Aviator at LA auto show over the weekend. It looks like someone took a current Explorer and stepped on it. It's very Rover station wagonish:shifty:

I like the Explorer interior more than the Aviator one we saw a few months ago.

Ford's 2020 Explorer ST Spied Testing With Minimal Camo

This was posted on the Ford Authority web site the other day. Interesting comment in the attached write up was a notation that the power train horsepower for the 2020 ST was going to be 375. What happened to the previous max rating of at least 400 HP?

If I wanted a Pilot (button gear selector), I will buy a Pilot.

If I wanted a Pilot (button gear selector), I will buy a Pilot.

I have to say.. I hate the vertical push button for the gear selection but I really like the gear selection placement in the Navigator.. I had one for a week and actually became fond of where it is. Being the Aviator has it in the same spot, I think people will like it.

Not a huge fan of how the '20 is looking. No biggie...I'll be keeping by '15 for a while longer until the full remodel comes along.

I like the new interior. I hope the '20 is at the Detroit Auto Show. We're ready to upgrade from our '17 Sport!

Not a huge fan of how the '20 is looking. No biggie...I'll be keeping by '15 for a while longer until the full remodel comes along.

I thought this was the full remodel, the refresh was 2016

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2020 is a full remodel, new platform, new engine choices, new models, new interior, etc.
PB

Back