Can a New wheel bearing change cause a blinking O/D OFF & P1744? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can a New wheel bearing change cause a blinking O/D OFF & P1744?

Random

Reaction score
City, State
danielson
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer 4.0
Hi All,

I hope all is well with everyone. This is my first Ford vehicle, and I thought I received a great deal on this car. Car was running great till I paid it off, then problems after problems. I am beginning to think it's Valvoline instant oil change or my mechanic. In a years time, here is the order of the services done I've had to replace timing belt. a week later alternator, 3 wheel bearings + brakes (not complaining about brakes), starter, both upstream o2 sensor, complete thermostat housing overhaul. Boy did I wish I had purchased that aftermarket warranty but the car only had 118k on it so I thought I didn't need it. The car currently only has 150k on the odometer. So the car had the rear wheel bearings replaced and a 3-4 days later " O/D OFF" is coming on the dash. Never did that before. Any ideas if my mechanic is putting a hole in wallet on purpose am I just the lucky winner of a lemon?

Thank you for you time and Happy Holidays

**scanner says Transmission memory codes P1744 TCC System Perform*** what does mean? Paperwork does not say if it failed or if it's good.

Back