2000 Explorer Limited.. Lights on the fuel economy cluster in the center console? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer Limited.. Lights on the fuel economy cluster in the center console?

BradyGoat

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ford Explorer LTD
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2000 Explorer Limited for my winter car. Liking it so far, but there were several little issues and I'm enjoying fixing them one by one.

Project right now is replacing interior bulbs that have gone out. ( 4x4 selector, searching seems to tell me that's gonna be no fun, and same with the automatic climate control bulbs.) But the ones I thought would be easy, was the lights on the buttons for the fuel economy
65958199.jpg

Here's a picture for reference because I don't really know the proper wordage to use to describe these buttons, but they are the ones in the picture in the bottom right right above the cup holders. It's the bulbs that back light the text for the actual buttons, not the screen.

Does anybody know what bulbs are required? I can't find this information anywhere and I don't want to tear it apart without the replacements ready to go. Thanks!

Not much to "tearing it apart". Just take a flat plastic tool and pry it up or simply hold it by the sides and carefully pull towards you. No screws holding it in place, it snaps in. I replaced mine with LED's some years back and don't remember the bulb size, but once you get the part off the bulbs twist out for servicing. Any auto parts can match them up. Should take all of 15 minutes including beer break.

Thanks for the reply!

I wondered about getting that console apart, because yeah, I couldn't find a single screw lol. Now I wont be afraid to pull and pry! Thanks

Back