Brian1's Suspension Upgrades | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looks great Brian. Nice work!:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered new shocks to match up with my fronts. I got the exact same as my front shocks, 10" travel Bilstein 5125s. These are an eye mount and do not come with the bar pin needed for the upper rear mount. I did lots of searching and none of the Jeep bar pin eliminators (BPE) had the correct bolt spacing, 2 7/8". They were either longer or too short.

I decided to make my own BPE out of a piece of chrome plated rod I found in the scrap and some 1" bar stock.

m_DSC09922.jpg

The benefit of the BPE is that they preload the bushing, I added 1 washer per side since I made a small calculation mistake in the length of the pin and wound up with zero preload on the bushing. With the washers the preload is perfect. Another benefit is that the BPE are much beefier than the stock bar pin mounts.

m_DSC09928.jpg

And installed:

m_DSC09931.jpg

2018 update: I now make a simpler version that is available:

DSC_9838.JPG

..I want to swing by and see what I can find in your magical scrap pile..:biggthump

Those things are awesome! One of those "I can't believe I didn't think of that" items.

I just realized these things already exist, I've just never seen them before now. Cool idea nonetheless.

I know this thread is older than my son but I got excited to see some more of @Brian1 work...

:pics:

I know this thread is older than my son but I got excited to see some more of @Brian1 work...

:pics:

:D

Looks like all my pics are broken links now. They were hosted on here but got messed up a few years ago when there was a problem with the gallery. I'll see if I can find the original photos and update them.

Your work is awesome. Ive been cruising the forum for ideas on extended RAs for a few days

Now i remember why i love/hate your work.... I could never duplicate it with the tools and brains you have!

Back