3rd gen pic's | Page 281 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally got around to taking some photos after my lift install, that weren't in a parking lot...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice ride Drake.

I'm liking the no running board look more and more

Thanks a lot man! I hate running boards on just about anything so they had to go... I think it's a nice clean look without them

Thanks a lot man! I hate running boards on just about anything so they had to go... I think it's a nice clean look without them
I agree with the clean look, but I couldn’t imagine hopping up into my lifted X everyday without them.

I agree with the clean look, but I couldn’t imagine hopping up into my lifted X everyday without them.
One foot in the corner by the kick panel hop up in.... I really hate running boards haha id rather struggle than see them on a vehicle. Especially around my neck of the woods. They put so much salt on the roads side steps act like shovels for it

One foot in the corner by the kick panel hop up in.... I really hate running boards haha id rather struggle than see them on a vehicle. Especially around my neck of the woods. They put so much salt on the roads side steps act like shovels for it
The running boards came off during the lift to get them out of the way, and to refinish them. I did the one foot in the footwell and yanked myself up by the steering wheel.... that sucks with a 6” lifted truck, and my sweaty paw slipped off the wheel one morning at 4:30am on the way to work, good thing I fell back against the side of the house, but I was wearing my coffee LOL.

I have the nerf-bar type, and with the wider tires and body lift you hardly notice them.

Finally got around to installing my lift and getting the new m/t's mounted. If they look skinny, it's because they are lol (235/85r16) Next on the list: Rooftop hella 500's, lightbar on the bumper, and "fixing" my driver seat adjustment.

View attachment 155968
Looks killer. Do you think those tires would have fit with out the lift? I'm leaning on that size for my 03 stocker I would like the tallest tire with out lift and I like the look of a narrow tire. Thanks -JD

New to the forum, so, here's a couple basic shots of the '05 Eddie Bauer 4x4 on the day I bought it. Clean, and looks nearly brand new, even with 167,000 on the ODO!

20181221_160850.jpg

20181221_160912.jpg

For anyone that cares here's my girl. She's been stretched out for 2 years as of February (2.75" spacers) in 3 years I've put 36,000 miles with stressed ball joints and am now at 133,000. This truck has been a capable offroad beater that climbs wet and sandy hills, a grocery getter, stump puller and my daily. Me n my girl like her. Weathertech front to back. Hunter brush guard on the front nearly all maintenance done by me aside from the new harmonic balancer. New transfer case fluid, front n rear end fluid. New front pinion seal, new aftermarket thermostat housing, new throttle body, new blower motor new motorcraft plugs and wires all done around the 120,000 mile mark. motorcraft oil n filter every 3000 miles. Needs new paint clear coat on the driver door is gone and upper control arms from BTF but I'm never scared to take this truck on a 8 hour trip. Mashed the nose of a 4Runner in a couple months ago w my steel hitch I received the tailgate dent however their radiator was exposed and leaking it was an illegal mexican woman with two kids and no identification who also didn't speak English so I in frustration let them go.

20190105_152115_HDR.jpg

20190105_152053.jpg

20190105_153335.jpg

20190105_152025_HDR.jpg

20190105_151930.jpg

The LED's didn't cause odd electrical behavior? Exterior lamps one or two int he rear will make a mess of the entire truck, something different wrong every day. back to the stock tail lamp bulb, all issues by by

where did you get the led?
What are you talking about??? I had led in everything... no issues

Look at the threads from a year ago

Known issue
Go look at my posts from October or so 2017

Went thru hell for two stupid tail lamps

Cluster freaked out loss of brake lights right side down one day next not

Ripped out half the interior mods I was in process as most people would point there

And I have six led up front
4 sided ones no issues

D5C1A62C-3E24-4FC2-911F-9830E28851E7.jpeg

15897DE0-7BD0-4457-A73B-18A4E8ECC841.jpeg

Look at the threads from a year ago

Known issue
Go look at my posts from October or so 2017

Went thru hell for two stupid tail lamps

Cluster freaked out loss of brake lights right side down one day next not

Ripped out half the interior mods I was in process as most people would point there

And I have six led up front
4 sided ones no issues

View attachment 166217

View attachment 166218
All im saying is that I had led heads, fogs, turns, tails, reverse, puddle, all interior and led light bar no issues whatsoever

Then you put resistors somewhere for the rears or front turns

I had no issues with fromt headlamp nor fogs but the fogs were HID Angel devils

49CA599A-6CDB-4E7B-BD1C-69639F6E55A1.jpeg

40364E15-CFBA-4575-AEAE-6962AE9BD29F.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back